• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired mod 2 light source headlamp*price drop*info added

Blue_Shift

Newly Enlightened
This headlamp is powered by 3AAA's. There is one light source that is 3 5mm leds for close up lighting. The other light source is a 3w (TWAK) with a modifed pelican reflector. The pelican reflector has been shortened but I can not tell a differance in the beam. If you push on one side of the switch one light comes on. If you then push the other side the other light comes on and the first goes off. Once a light is on push its side of the switch to turn it off. The 5mm leds are regulated by a very complex looking circuit (atleast to me) and the 3w is direct drive.

edit
I have not run it enough to know, And I have not tested it. If it is very important I will try to do it but when you are busy it is hard to wait for hours.
The beam from the LUX3 is just like a beam from any outher light with a pelican reflector. It has a round hot spot and plenty of sidespill.
The batteries are in the front of the headlamp not on the straps in the back. The headlamp was bought at Wallmart and it is called the Cyclops. In my opinion the headlamp is very small and light. I did the mod myself. I have been modifying headlamps for freinds and my self for nearly a year.
I suspect the light is water resisitant. I did not put any holes in it.
It is a white LUX3 and it is a very white color in my opion. There might be a slight blue tint. NOTE: I do not claim to be an expert on determing the color of a luxeon.
edit

I am asking $75 shipped to cont us.