Paypal Class Action??? Anyone else get an e-mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an email from paypal about some "notice of pendancy of class action and proposed settlement". This is for people who opened an account between Oct 99 and Jan 2004. Anyone else get this?? Ill elaborate more later.

jook

Newly Enlightened
Re: Paypal Class Action??? Anyone else get an e-m

there's another thread on this..

I actually read all the minutiae associated with the suit. From what I can gather, it sounds like PayPal's policy of limiting the "sending amount" is not legal. I wondered about that. How can they require a person to hook their account to a bank account to spend their own money? For many, it's the principle of the thing - you earn money that comes into your account, so why belimited to what can be sent out of that account via PayPal? Whatever. the eBay/Paypal duo is swiftly moving up the ranks of most hated companies in America. May they rot in enron hell.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah, sorry! I looked in the cafe for it but could not find it. Aparently it is in the cheers n jeers section. This post can be closed.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

In the last 24 hours I've gotten no less than five duplicate notices of that class action. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Empath

Flashaholic

The last thread on the same topic was closed with a reference to checking the applicable thread in Cheers'N'Jeers. We'll do the same for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.