How much for a G2Z Bezel and where to get it?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My G2 is getting really scratched up and toothpaste wont fix it anymore. Any idea where to get a G2Z bezel? Also, is it the same length?

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest that you call SF CS and get them to sell you one. $14 or so IIRC. BTW, do NOT tell them you want it for your G2. Just tell them you need a new bezel because yours is damaged. There were instances in the past where a SF CS rep declined to sell a G2Z bezel to a CPFer who wanted it for his G2. SF doesn't like to supply parts--or hasn't in certain instances. But this is just annecdotal. I bought a C2 black bezel from them for my D2 and the CSR didn't bat an eye. No problem. But just to be on the safe side, don't volunteer that it's for a G2. (I hope your G2 isn't yellow, BTW.)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Here is a photo of the G2Z bezels on the G2:
SureFire%20G2s%20with%20G2Z%20Bezels%2064.jpg

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
js said:
I suggest that you call SF CS and get them to sell you one. $14 or so IIRC. BTW, do NOT tell them you want it for your G2. Just tell them you need a new bezel because yours is damaged. There were instances in the past where a SF CS rep declined to sell a G2Z bezel to a CPFer who wanted it for his G2. SF doesn't like to supply parts--or hasn't in certain instances. But this is just annecdotal. I bought a C2 black bezel from them for my D2 and the CSR didn't bat an eye. No problem. But just to be on the safe side, don't volunteer that it's for a G2. (I hope your G2 isn't yellow, BTW.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Very informative reply but I guess you just gave the game away because folks from Surefire are surfing this forum too. We have Stuart@surefire and PK here. You should have PMed GarageBoy instead.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about tail cap? Why not get a G2Z LOTC so that you can lock out the G2? I like the feel of the G2 (don't own one) but I hate the bezel and the tailcap.

philc5b

Newly Enlightened
About a year ago I melted the lens on my G2, I had just bought the NRA G2Z. I called Greg at Bright Guy to see about getting a new bezel for the G2, he said he would have to special oder it and asked him to try and get the G2Z bezel. The coast was around $13 to $15. I had also ordered a clickie switch from the sandwich shop.I found the clickie swith a little to touchy for the G2,since I was using it for EDC. I changed the tail cap with the G2Z since I only planed to use it with my hand guns. This has worked out very well for me.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
[ QUOTE ]
js said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Very informative reply but I guess you just gave the game away because folks from Surefire are surfing this forum too. We have Stuart@surefire and PK here. You should have PMed GarageBoy instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he says "Hi. This is CPFer 'GarageBoy' and I'd like to buy a G2Z bezel for my G2, even though my G2 bezel is still fine." Besides, I don't think there is an explicit company policy regarding this grey area. I know that if you call SF up and want to order, say, 10 G2Z bezels, 8 LOTC's, and 3 E2e bodies, that they will tell you they don't sell parts. They sell replacement parts for people who own their lights, but not parts to people who want to build their own lights or use them for some other purpose. That's not their deal. And I don't blame them one bit.

Plus, GarageBoy did in fact mess up his bezel and understandably wants a new one. I just told him not to advertise the fact that he is not getting the exact original replacement bezel. That's all. No need to get all clandestine about it and keep it underground.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine from SF I smashed the glass on my G2Z and told them I needed a new Bezel. I dropped my G2Z on duty and it landed on the Pyrex against a rock. they sent me a new bezel without any questions.