Help from Germany--Kinder Eggs

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
We had friends come back from Germany with Kinder Eggs. We really like them and think we could sell them in our store, in the USA. Unfortunately they are not allowed in the US /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif . Understandably they have small parts and could be dangerous but there are many toys here with warnings and from what I read they have warnings in 17 languages. I guess combining candy and small parts is the problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif .
Anyhow we think we would still like to get some if possible. Is there anyone in Germany who'd consider finding a good price and shipping them to the USA? It isn't like they are radioactive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (like Tritium /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

avusblue

Enlightened
I know they can be bought from eBay. I always pick up a half dozen or so when I'm coming home from business trips in Europe (usually when connecting thru Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam). Our kids love 'em, probably mostly because they know they're officially taboo in the US.

Dave

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
A friend of mine bought a case of 24 from Costco here in Canada to take with him when he moved to Texas, something like $26CDN, which is what $20 maybe? Definitely not illegal here!

chrisse242

Enlightened
You want the chocolate too? Could be a Problem to ship it to the states without any damage. It's quite hot round here right now. How many do you want? I'm sure I can help you out.

Chrisse

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Canadian regulations require English and French text on products sold in Canada. You might need to learn French to consume the Canadian versions.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
Check for availability at a large grocery store/chain for best price and quantities.

IIRC, I've seen stacks of them at the checkout counters in Zellers stores. Try Walmart too. Canadian Walmarts are different from the US variety.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're not sold in the US because some morons sued the one company distributing them because of the small parts.

I figure that if you're stupid enough to let your kids play around with small parts when they're not old enough to understand what they are, or do, and shove them in their mouth it's your own darn fault. The little foil wrappers even say not for kids under 3.

American's have no self responsibility.

I found out that lawyer who's suing McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Wendy's, etc. for 'making his client fat' is also suing bars in New Jersey for 'sexually discriminating between men and women in favor of women by sponsoring ladies nights at bars'... I think I don't have to say anything more, most of you understand how I feel from just that.

Anyway, that's a bit off topic, end rant...

Kinder Uberasschung Eier! I've got some contacts in Germany, some coming in next week, that I can possibly ask to ship me, or bring me a box of 72 eggs.

Canada and Mexico sell the same stuff though, if you're into the whole hopping the borders thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Alternately, you could always PM one of the most well known Deutschers on the board - Klaus. There's also K-T and PeterB that I know of. I'm sure one of them would be happy to grab a box of 72 and ship them to you.

Good luck with your search.

-Enrique