Surprise: Dorcy 1 AAA 1 LED at Home Hardware

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I just bought one of these at Home Hardware in Kentville, NS, Canada. Not bad for C$9.99. It has the diagonal ribbing on the body as opposed to the original straight ribbing. Hope it works better.

Haven't the slightest idea why it took so long for Dorcy to get them here. They've had the 3 LED 1 AA LED light for some time, as well as the 4 LED 2AA light.

oldtimer

Enlightened
Darn! No Home Hardware stores in my city. London Drugs is still selling those for $15.99

szia

Newly Enlightened
that's a ripoff, my walmart carries them for $5.94 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
target carries them for $6.99

CraigF

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info PhotonBoy. I've been wanting one of these, but not worth the trouble/cost of importing for just one. Very pleased with my Dorcy stuff, good for the $$. I'm kinda surprised Radio Shack never got these (or the Spyder!), they have had much of the Dorcy stuff, sometimes with RS brand, at very good prices. Did HH have many colors?

[FWIW, Cdn$10 is about US$7, so the price is in the ballpark.]

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The empty hanger in the flashlight section of any store that carries it is always for the Dorcy 1AAA 1LED. Truly the product that will bring LED flashlights into use by the masses.

moraino

Enlightened
London Drug in Vancouver sells the 1AA for 17.99???

I'll check out HH tomorrow. Thanks for the information.

Henry

stockae92

Enlightened
i think dorcy 1AAA 1LED is a great light

not the best tint in the world but hard to beat the good performance/$ ratio /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(a little ringy though)

Mgz

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PeteBroccolo said:
My local HH dealer does not carry this yet, nor Dorcy's LED traffic wands, but they do carry their alkaline batteries (stop throwing those rotten eggs at me for using the "A" word!)

[/ QUOTE ]

well I guess people in the west have to wait a few weeks then (as always /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif)

CraigF

Newly Enlightened
And you have London Drugs for the Dorcy stuff (albeit seemingly pricey), we don't have them. Not all HH out here have the 1AAA light, I'm going to have to go to a bigger one, not so common anymore.