SureFire compatible 3 LED / Xenon lamp assembly

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience with this:

gp247a.jpg
gp247_copy1.jpg

3 LED / Xenon lamp assembly from GP-web.com

I bought one of these from a guy in Hong Kong, and the Xenon part works great, but I can't get the LEDs to work in the flashlight. The vendor claims that you can use the switch on the flashlight to choose between Xenon and LED, but this does not appear to be the case.

Outside of the flashlight, I can get the LEDs to work by applying the positive lead to the outside of the reflector of the assembly and the negative to the ground ring.

The manufacturer, whose web site I have linked above, does not sell these directly, only through dealers. The minimum order for a US dealer is $10,000. There are some links on the gp-web.com site to dealers in Hong Kong who will sell these individually, but if you only need one, I can help.

Thanks for any info.

John

stockae92

Enlightened
i can't figure how you will get it to work unless you have a 2 stage switch??

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
Even that won't work. The problem is how to get the + lead from the battery connected to the reflector portion of the assembly without touching the spring on the bottom. It is a bad design, I think. There might be a light out there where it will work, but I don't know what it would look like. On a metal SureFire flashlight, the body is all part of the ground loop, so if the lamp assembly touches the body, then it would be grounded out.

Probably just a bad design and I need to chuck it. Interesting if it works somehow, though.

John

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
Good question, I will give it a shot. I still think that I will have to run a wire from the side of the reflector down to the battery in order to get power up there.