New CR123 + LED light

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Has anyone heard of the Mil-Tech "Beam-Fire Quattro"?
This is a small, 4-LED flashlight that uses two CR123 lithium camera batteries for power.
It appears to be Japanese made, and the only web links I can find for this light besides the new page I'm making now fill my screen with lovely Japanese script writing.

The light comes in a hard plastic storage case, and is supplied with a pair of CR123A batteries and a lanyard.

miltech1.jpg

miltech3.jpg

I'm still in the process of reviewing it and taking photographs; so these are the only two pictures I have available at the moment.
I have posted preliminary info on my website under "what's new".

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig- if you`re not aware of them, try http://babel.altavista.com to translate those Japanese pages into something mildly understandable (and probably quite amusing too- it doesn`t always work properly!). I`m pretty sure it`ll do Japanese to English, but as my PC hasn`t got support for Japanese text (I just get a bunch of little squares, then it crashes), I havn`t tried it myself yet.

No idea on the torch. A Tiawanese firm called Kingwell (kingwell.com.tw) sent me some spam a little while back advertising their products (one of those infuruating "we think you`re a flashlight supplier- here, buy 10000 items please" messages) and one of them was a 4 LED 2-CR123 light, not dissimilar to that one. Maybe I`ll write back to them soon (after my web site`s ready) and see if I can scrounge some samples off`em.

wink.gif
tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, I guess this item is more common than originally sspected. I recognise several other of the lights on Roithner's page as well, including a 1-LED variation of the funny smelling "Ebay Mystery Torch" I found a year or two back.
blush.gif

(Edit)
More info about this light is now on my site. New pictures, other preliminary junk. Go get em!!

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig,

Here is the topic on CPF where this light was originally mentioned..

By the way, the light does normally come with a simple instruction sheet (in Japanese..) which shows how to put the batteries in, and stating that it is water-resistant. However, for some reason it was missing in the one I sent you(and I lost the one I got..)

Graham

Mercator

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:

(Edit)
More info about this light is now on my site. New pictures, other preliminary junk. Go get em!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Graig,

Went to your site looking for your review on this light and couldn't find it.

What's up???? Is it there, or did I just not find it.

Please provide a link to the info if it's there somewhere.

Thanks

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mercator:
Graig,

Went to your site looking for your review on this light and couldn't find it.

What's up???? Is it there, or did I just not find it.s
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The light is called Beam-Fire Quattro.
Find it under the heading of "LED FLASHLIGHTS / CR123 LITHIUM" on the menu.
Right below all the AA cell lights.
I don't remember the filename, but I'll find it if you need.