• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Kydex - taking orders

chrisse242

Enlightened
<font color="red">Taking orders, see post in modders yellow pages in this forum </font>

Hi all, I'm thinking about offering custom kydex holsters like the one that goes with Larry's cr2 II in the raffle right now. But first I'd like to know if there is any interest in those things at all.
Holsters in the size of the one for Larry's cr2 would be around 20 to 25$ plus shipping. Neck-holsters for aaa or n-cell sized lights can be cheaper, around 15$.
What I have in mind are mostly holsters for lights that are made in small series, with series like the lionheart or the aleph-series being the upper end. In short, lights that professional holster- or sheath-manufacturers wouldn't care about.

There is a major drawback to kydex which I found out while making the holster for the cr2. I really need to have something of the exact size of the light. I made the cr2-Holster using a piece of wood, which worked, but I wouldn't want to do it like this again, it almost doubles the time that is needed.
So what would be best was if I had a kind of dummy-light, since I can't afford to buy all the lights out there. That would mean the manufacturer would have to send me an empty body/head or an aluminium rod of the same outer dimensions (no knurling or perfect finish needed). I'm sure I could find some kind of compensation with each of you. (Like a free holster for yourself, and one for a cpf-raffle?)

Now for questions:
Is there any interest at all in purchasing custom kydex holsters at this price?

Am I asking for too much when asking for free dummy-lights? I don't want to offend anyone, or appear as immodest, but I'm not going to earn very much when offering this price (Just like most of those who make the lights). Without those dummies I'd have to ask everyone who wants a holster to send me the actual light, which would drive the costs for everyone to rather unreasonable levels, and knowing postal services I couldn't sleep any longer.
Please feel free to tell me if it's immodest or in any other way unacceptable what I'm asking for, and I'll dump the whole idea. After all it would still be everyones own choice to help me in making holsters for a special light available.

Chrisse

chrisse242

Enlightened
Re: Custom Kydex Holsters - any interest?

pm replied wasabe.

Wasabe just brought me to another thought. He offered to machine a copy of the firefly-body on his lathe. (Uh oh, hopefully no copyrigth-issues here.)
So if the original maker of a light doesn't want to send me a dummy, anyone with a lathe and abillity can machine one, send it to me, and will receive his holster for free or at significantly reduced price.
Anybody can tell me which light he would like to have a holster for and I will try and contact the maker to see what's possible.

Chrisse

cy

Flashaholic

pm sent

chrisse242

Enlightened

Wow, this is devolping fast. By now I have offers for the firefly, Arc-ls and AA. I have the aaa myself so I don't need one of those.
So by now I'm receiving several dummies and trading Holsters for them. I still have to find out if anyone is actually willing to pay for a holster. As soon as I have the dummies I'll have lots of work designing and making the Holsters, so please understand that I'm not considering any more trades untill I actually know I have a chance to earn at least the money I need to buy kydex and other materials.
Here is a list of lights that I will probably make Holsters for in the near future:

Arc-LS
Arc aaa
Arc aa

firefly

Longbow micra (as soon as I recieve mine)

If interested in one of them, just drop me a pm. Prices will be in the region mentioned in my first post but depend on several options so I think it's best to work out the details togehter.

Chrisse

jtice

Flashaholic

Will these have metal belt clips?
I would be interested I think,
with a clip, it would make it very versitile, could be used on packs, belts, hats, bags, etc.

Maybe a design with a clip on the back, and holes for lanyards?

chrisse242

Enlightened

There are several options, kydex clips, beltloops, Tekloks and so on. All will have holes for Lanyards as well. Regarding metall-clips: This could be difficult. The clip has to be strong enough to keep the holster on your belt when drawing the light. That means clips like the ones used on folding knifes won't work. There are bigger clips used for leather sheats but I don't know where to get them. I'll try to find some anyway.

Chrisse

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chrisse, I would be interested in a couple. You don't really need a metal clip, as one made from Kydex will work fine for this application. I have a few Dozier knives that the clip is formed from Kydex. The vertical sheathes use a solid loop, while the horizotal sheaths have the top of the loop curved over a bit so you can affix them while the belt is on. Take a look at the website and click on sheaths on the right. If you need better pics of how they look, let me know. I'm not saying to copy it outright, but it might give you some ideas.

Dozier Knives

chrisse242

Enlightened

Thanks Fitz, I'm quite familar with kydex clips, I use them most of the time. Jtice asked for metal clips and I'm always open to anything. For more versatile carrying options a metall clip might be a good way to go.
Just pm me regarding the Holsters you might want to purchase.
Chrisse

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened

A pic or 2 might be nice, to see what the finished product would look like (for those of us who are not familiar with kydex.)

chrisse242

Enlightened

Uups, forgot about that.
You can visit my website to see pics of the Holster for Larrys cr2 II. web page
Some other pics here:

wolflightkydex.jpg

sawedkydex1.jpg

sawedkydex2.jpg

aaa.jpg

Not a flashlight but nice:
dartkydex2.jpg

Chrisse

Edit: Maybe I can get Klaus to take some pics of another one I made for his cr2 II.
And after all, I intend to work out details for each Holster with every single "customer". To much options to have one single design for one flashlight.

chrisse242

Enlightened

Small update. I will have three or four small neck-holsters for the arc / peak aaa available by Sunday (I hope).(EDIT: One or two black, one red, one blue) These will be sold at a reduced price (12$ incl. worldwide shipping). This is just to get some comments from users on fit and finish. Pics are never as good as the real experience, right?
Just one question, is anyone out there who would want to carry the arc aaa (peak aaa) on his belt? In this case I could easily include a detachable belt clip.
I have a holster (or sheath) for my aaa, but I always carry it round my neck or have the lanyard attached to my belt and the holster with the light hanging into one of my front pockets.

Chrisse

chrisse242

Enlightened

Now for sale:
aaa-kydex002.jpg

Kydex neck-sheaths for arc or peak aaa. Each will come with black cord. The rivets on the black one have been sanded a little to show bronze colour.
12$ introductory price including worldwide shipping.
First one two answer with desired colour will get it.
I can accept non-cc paypal only.

Chrisse

sslavers

Newly Enlightened

i would love one for an arc ls, an arc4, and a longbow micra. if you need a model for the arc4 or longbow, let me know and i will be happy to ship you one of mine for this purpose. thanks

sol lavers

chrisse242

Enlightened

I'm waiting for my own longbow, which should arrive in near future. I hope wasabe will send me an Ls-modell sometime in the near furture. I don't have an Arc4 and I don't feel comfortable receiving and sending out real lights for this purpose. It would require insured shipping which you would have to pay for and I don't know what to do to prevent the customs from charging me for the light.
In short, the arc-ls and longbow holsters will be available in near future, but I will need an Arc4 "dummy" before offering those. So, if anyone who has a lathe can make an arc4 dummy I'd be really thankfull.
I will pm anyone who has shown interest for one of the holsters as soon as it's available.

Chrisse

sslavers

Newly Enlightened

cool, im in for the longbow and the arc ls please. i have no access to make a dummy, partly because im a dummy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. but if i can think of a way, ill let you know. thanks

sol lavers

chrisse242

Enlightened

sol: Not to cause any confusion. The price for these holsters will be higher than for the ones I offer currently. They will be around 20$ plus shipping.

Chrisse

cy

Flashaholic

I'll take one for $12, black w/detachable belt clip

Please let me know pp info.

edit: PP sent w/shipping info

PS, would be interested in ARC4 kydex, when available.

Thanks,
CY

chrisse242

Enlightened

OK black aaa sold, pending payment. But don't worry, I can always make more and hey, why not try red or blue? It doesn't always need to look "tactical", right? Perhaps some girl has shoes with matching colour? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chrisse

chrisse242

Enlightened

Wow, this seems to be a kind of gap in the market. I've got several orders which I can't take right now because I don't have the "dummies". So please hold on a few days. I guess it wasn't the best idea to announce Holsters for lights I actually can't make right now. I apologize for this!
I've got an "internal list" for those who have already ordered and can't take any more right now.
After seeing what has happened to those who have ordered a UBH, I decided not to take more than five orders at a time. This limit has already exceeded.
For now the only holsters I will accept orders for are the ones for the arc/peak aaa. The blue and red ones I have in stock will stay at the price of 12$ including shipping, after that they will go for 15$, belt clips will be 2$ extra.

Chrisse