Help with flashlight Lanyard clip selection

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having never carried a flashlight on a lanyard or clip, I haven't paid much attention to previous discussions of this subject. I have recently had several very nice, very small lights come into my life. Due to concern about possible loss, I now wish to carry them on a keyring and/or lanyard in a secure but *easily detachable* fashion. My question is this: Is the smallest of the Berkeley Point Mini-clips pretty much the last word for this application? Is there anything even smaller that has equivalent functionality and security?
TIA for any and all comments.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coach, thanks for the input. My question is actually directed towards the clip itself. Say, could you [or mod] edit your posts to eliminate the excess width? Thanks.

yclo

Flashaholic*
Hi Doug,

I believe these will be of interest to you:
McGiz's Clips
15-35-clips.jpg

Taken from the middle of this thread

-YC

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
yclo -

That 15mm BP will be nice.

Doug S -

When I finally get a tiny CR2 or N Sizzler I will use this method: Go to a kiosk in the mall and purchase a silver rope chain with associated Ag hardware to use like one would with a pocket watch. Ti might be an option. Gold might be nice for a $200.00+ solid brass or Ti Carbide coated light. Using this method, neck carry would be an automatic option.

Though my cell phone is usually attached to my belt, I use a 30" silver rope chain lanyard for added security logging at least 10 saves in five years.

- Jeff

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yclo: Why hell yes!, those *do* interest me. I didn't know until now that there was a relationship between BP and McGizmo. It looks like those three little ones are scheduled to be available soon. I think that I will just sit on my hands [and try not to lose any tiny lights] until those become available. Thanks for the direction!