doom 3

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
I've heard and seen soo much about that game and i seriously can't wait to play it, but i'm worried that it wouldn't run smoothly on my comp... It's just an XP1500 running a GeForce 4 Ultra. The guyz at GameSpot tested the game on their 3Gh, GeForce 6800 monster, so i donno how it would run on... er... 'lesser' comps. hehe

I think i'll wait for some comments on that before gettin the game *sob sob*

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
IMTRBO said:
I've heard and seen soo much about that game and i seriously can't wait to play it, but i'm worried that it wouldn't run smoothly on my comp... It's just an XP1500 running a GeForce 4 Ultra. The guyz at GameSpot tested the game on their 3Gh, GeForce 6800 monster, so i donno how it would run on... er... 'lesser' comps. hehe

I think i'll wait for some comments on that before gettin the game *sob sob*

[/ QUOTE ]it willl run but slowly and at low resoltions. i gave up on pc gameing

6pOriginal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
it willl run but slowly and at low resoltions. i gave up on pc gameing

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing here, now I am living with a laptop...can't really play much with it. I was playing Joint Operations demo, and I had to shut everything down, run at 680x480, turn most of the features off...in order to get some barely playable FPS

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
The required config is pretty harsh but the game is pretty cool; at last a game that's scary like heck!
Play that one at night with the light off and sound on high. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow I did not know doom 3 was out.

I have a geforce 5950 ultra (256 mb memory) and a 3.0 ghz p4 with 512mb 533mhz rambus memory and a
sound blaster audigy 2 platinum sound card.

not state of the art any more but it should run doom 3.

I also have an old 1.8 ghz p4-256mb 400mhz rambus memory with a geforce 3 ti 500 (64mb)video card with sound blaster audigy platinum sound card.

I hope I can run it on both machines for lan gaming

a site says it looks good even in 800 by 600.
xbox is only about 640 by 480 on a standard tv
It will be out on xbox soon.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
nice pc mark i do prefare ati however.but i have a old nvidia 4200 bios hacked to 4600 speeds but its slow compared to the new stuff like ati x800

Lucien

Enlightened
markdi, your first sounds better than my rig: a 2.8c with a FX 5200. From what I've heard of a guy with a similar setup to mine, it runs, but slowly at 1024 x 768 medium qual. I think the Hardocp site has a test rig matching yours.

Anandtech's doing a couple of reviews too.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, how difficult is it to hack my TI4200 to 4600 speeds?

[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
nice pc mark i do prefare ati however.but i have a old nvidia 4200 bios hacked to 4600 speeds but its slow compared to the new stuff like ati x800

[/ QUOTE ]

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an evga ti 4600 and it came with a 2 year upgrade warranty you send them the old card back and pay the price difference (if any) of the newer video card and shipping.
my evga geforce 5950 ultra cost me about 75 bucks using the upgrade warranty. I had 2 days left on the upgrade period when I used it.
I almost missed out.

I bet half life 2 will be more fun than doom 3.

Banshee

Enlightened
DOOM 3 System Requirements
Wondering if that gaming rig you use to play solitaire on will be able to handle might of DOOM 3? Well, this is the place to find out!

Minimum Specifications

A 1.5-gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500.
384 megabytes of memory.
Two gigabytes of hard drive space.
An nVidia GeForce 3 graphics card or better; or an ATI Technologies 8500 or better.

Recommended Specifications

2Ghz CPU or AMD 2500+
512 megabytes of memory.
Radeon 9700 or an nVidia GeForce4 ti4600 graphics card or better.
5.1 surround sound audio

Worry Free Specifications

3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 64 3000+.
1 gigabyte of memory.
An nVidia 6800 graphics card or an ATI X800XT
6.1 surround sound audio

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
Raggie, how difficult is it to hack my TI4200 to 4600 speeds?

[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]very easy i did it with a firmware hack. a software hack is a lot easier.but most the soft ware hacks only work in windows. some cards over clcok better then others.but a 4200 uses the same gpu as the 4600 but slower but sometimes it will overclcok to 4600 or even above speeds . its trail and error move the gpu speed up above then memory ya can tell a little if ya know the memeory ya have on ya board

raggie33

*the raggedier*
opps also make sure ya gpu has good cooling a program called riva tuner is the easiest

Frangible

Enlightened
Runs fine on my machine. It's only an "ok" game though. The lighting is pretty but horridly unrealistic since there is no reflection. (a flourescent light casts a small spot on the floor, and the rest of the room is perfectly dark... yeah, right)

Also whoever thought you can't use a small flashlight and handgun at the same time needs to get a call with the clue phone.

stockwiz

Enlightened
Indeed.. most of us flashoholics here would find the lighting horrible.. indeed many non flashoholics do as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif