Probably quite lame, but hey, it's my first time!

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
Probably quite lame, but hey, it\'s my first time!

The subject line pretty much says it all.

I took my 3 C Mag, removed the C cells, cut 2 chunks of cheap garden hose about 5.75" long, cut a full-length split on both, wrapped one chunk around 2 dead (at least as far as use in my Spyder) Battery Stations 123A cells, found a carriage bolt about the remaining length of the original C cells, slipped 4 nylon spacers (about the same diameter as the 123A cells) onto the bolt, spun on a nut to hold the spacers in place, wrapped the other chunk of hose over split of the first chunk, cleaned and lubed the butt cap threads, threaded the butt cap back on, put in a new Eveready PR4, pushed the switch and IT WORKED!

The 3 C Mag was a gift from D/Comm Broccolo & the 5 subordinates a few Christmases ago. It had been relegated to being a 2nd back up to my Spyder, which backs up the government-owned Polystinger, or for use with the red snap-on cone (or my 3 D Koehler Brite-Star and its cone, dependent on which ones' batteries die first) for traffic directing along with my Dorcy 2 D powered 9" LED wand.

The hose chunks, spacers, bolt and nut ain't pretty, but it will help me drain down to nothing my "dead" 123A cells. I also bought 2 Dorcy KPR112 bulbs to use with my fresh 123A cells.

I have apparently passed hesitantly into the light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

sidespill

Enlightened
Re: Probably quite lame, but hey, it\'s my first time!

A while back when I first heard about the 3x123/kpr112 mod I was in a rush to try it out to see what the fuss was about. I had a 2C gag and so I picked up some bulbs from rat shack. now all i needed was a battery holder. Couldn't find anything around the house so I went for the temporary fix and rolled up newspaper and masking tape. Now that's not pretty but it still works and it's still in there. another ugly mod I did was using an aluminum foil wrapped kroll switch in my G2 for a clickie. Yeah that ugly thing still works. I say as long as it's hidden then "dirty mods" are acceptable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Re: Probably quite lame, but hey, it\'s my first ti

You should see this ugly thing I made with the Brinkman Legend LX
out of a heat sink from a sun cpu.

legendlx.jpg

this one the circuit came from a dorcy 3aaa led it's the most used tools I got!

lux-bulb.jpg

head-maglux_a.jpg

keep on hacking buddy beauty of it is you can alswys improve it as time goes on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif