yellow dpss laser and Mr.Beland

comozo

Enlightened
A few weeks ago I posted about laserglow.com selling yellow pointers lasing at(according to there website) 561nm, well that has changed the current wavelength is now 593.5nm.I was looking forward to buying one, but, at that wavelength the apparent brightness would be less than a green laser all things being equal.At the originally stated wavelength, 561nm would have an apparent brightness of about 25% greater than 532nm,all things being equal. What you have is a bell curve in visual sensitivity. Peak visual response is at 555nm. So I'll wait for one that does lase at 561-556nm.
To Mr Beland. Since it is Cnilaser.com that is producing the yellow laser pointers have you considered becoming a distributor for them? As stated on their website CNI also makes lasers at 556nm, that I would buy. Some things I would like to see in a ready made pointers. Pointers that use AA, C or D batteries for longer rated peak output running time. Those AAA batteries poop out quickly with green pointers even quicker with modded ones. Also lower beam divergence than the typical 1.2-1.5 mrd. I removed my CNI green pointer module from the original case and put it into a new brass case[ Jan.04],think plumbing supplies, to run it on 2 AA batteries, changed the divergence too, now .3mrd[3mm spot at 10 m, 3cm at 100m] the thing still works, much improved in my opinion. All pointers in performance are very much the same, these points would be incentives to buy.

Comozo

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
593.5nm is a slightly orangish yellow color - very unique when found in a laser beam. It would be very close in color to HPS (high pressure sodium) streetlight bulbs, which have a dominant wavelength (where you would point to on a color chart) of 594nm.

SkylineSelect

Newly Enlightened
25% is not noticable. You should be more interested in the true yellow colour. I will be posting pictures of this pointer on my website as soon as I get my first shipment. (www.skylineselect.co.uk) The price isn't super at the moment, but you're happy to order one and be the first to own a yellow laser pointer! I will probably be keeping my price along the lines of laserglow, but we will have to see how it goes. I think there is no doubt that Mr. B will import 1000 and slash the prices out there at the moment.