Just for laugh

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Got this off my email and I thought I might as well share it with you.

Here goes...

Hot off the press:-

Teacher Arrested

At New York's Kennedy airport today, an individual later discovered to be a public school teacher was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, a slide rule, and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney general John Ashcroft said he believes the man is a member of the notorious al-gebra movement. He is being charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-gebra is a fearsome cult," Ashcroft said. "They desire average solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute value. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country.

As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, "there are 3 sides to every triangle".

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have personally given it to the chosen-one and that's me and no-one else."

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha.. nice one.

Algebra actually did originate from a Middle Eastern scholar and the modern spelling is based on his name, I can't recall the exact spelling but I know it did start with Al-Kh..

But I do think that some of the CPFers still in school will agree that maths teachers can be real terrors at times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL1 said:
But I do think that some of the CPFers still in school will agree that maths teachers can be real terrors at times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mine! After she gets done lecturing us she'll spend the rest of the hour talking about her informal geometry class and what dull witted things they did.

Just a taste:

She had them draw their dream houses on paper and dimension them. One kid drew a rectangle and labled the long side 20' and the short side 100'. He drew in a fridge, stove, car, and a urinal. That was his dream home.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I did not know this was posted here before. My mistake. Hope you guys enjoy it.

verbie

Enlightened
i surely did enjoy it, thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif didnt catch the first one...

JOshooter

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
bindibadgi said:
My dream home has a urinal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all his dream home was, one room with 4 items.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to have one of those steel ones so when Craig's little smiley comes around he'll have a harder time destroying the thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif