best single 123a flashlight?

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
ok the best i think is the arc 4+ but is too expensive for me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

the streamlight tt 1-l is good? compared to the surefire e1e?

i just have a nuwai quantum-III and the "goldengadgets" s1801, you think that the tt 1-l is quite the same or the dual beam and the focusability is useful?

Mark2

Enlightened
I can take comparison beamshots if you want. I'd say the TT-1L is a nice light, but it doesn't throw as well as the Q-III and even the Incan's output is rather low. However, it runs pretty long in LED mode, something the Q-III cannot offer. Another significant difference: the TT-1L is much bulkier than the Q-III. Not really a pocket light.

Azreal911

Enlightened
I have the TT 1L and to me it's such a cute light. the incandescent mode is pretty good for the size so i won't complain and the 3 led mode is great when you don't need that much light it's the best of both worlds when you are camping, something you can stow away in your pack.

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
if you can i'm very glad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

in the specific if you can shot the 1-l in led-mode, incand-narrow-mode, incand-flow-mode

thank you very much

Mark2

Enlightened
Davide: The focus of the TT's does not work as well as the focus of the Mags. Here are the beamshots:

tt1l-1.jpg

tt1l-2.jpg

tt1l-3.jpg

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for something cheap and will suck your 123s out dry, I'd recommend the Tek-tite Splashlite LED. Else I'll vote for either a Arc LSH or E1e. I have all 3 mentioned, and love them all! Oh wait, the Nuwai Quantum III(3W) that Mark2 mentioned is pretty nifty too, you might want to check out the thread in B/S/T and the Reviews as well.

rastaman

Newly Enlightened
i would recommend the UKE 2L with eLEd.
it is not as bright as the nuwai, but it is small, leightweight, has a long runtime (around 5 h i think) and is not too expensive.

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
what i like more of the tt 1-l is the low-high mode and that cost about 20$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

thanks to the shot by mark i can see that the 3 leds in the reflector don't produce visible artifacts... very good!!!

the arc, vip, longbow, surefire, are all very good but too expensive, i have fear to lost it...

exist some other good alternative of the tt l-1 with a low-high setting and not much expensive?

chrisse242

Enlightened
As I see it the best single 123-light has not been made yet. For me it would be a vip-cr2II hybrid. Larry's two-stage-switch as brightness selector and lockout-feature, 123 battery, so17xa reflector, and guarded tailcap with Kroll for momentary / permanent on/off. T-bin lux3 at 700mah on high of course.
Upps, was the ff the first light to use the two-stage switch the cr2II uses? Anyway, an additional pila 150 tube would make my dream nearly perfect.

Chrisse