Princeton tec leds, decent product?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I lookes at these forums and really don see much on the basic leds by this company. They seem well made and price wise a decent deal. Anyone have one they wouls like to comment on?

On another note those Inova lights are nice, very nice look but what gives with the wierd battery choice?

Thanks

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
I have had VERY good service out of my Matrix 3LED headlamp....no complaints at all.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have an Impact from PT's LED range, which is a single LED 4AA submersible plastic-bodied light. This is no Luxeon Star, but it does its job very well, IMHO.

The special optics make it such that it is the ONLY LED torch, bar none, in my collection that actually has a visible beam in near total darkness!
shocked.gif
Yes, the light is that bright and concentrated!
Throws really well too. For a single LED, that is. It will *never* beat my PT Tec40+KPR113+NiMHs (which is exactly the same form factor as the Impact), but besides my Elite XRay, its my fave LED torch now.

Tough as nails, not bad looking, reasonably priced and lives up to its purpose as advertised. I like 'em lots.
grin.gif

Tesla

Enlightened
I own both the "Impact" and the "Attitude". Both are well-made lights, but if forced to "keep one/throw one away", I'd keep the Attitude. I'm a little disappointed that Princeton Tec didn't design a single-LED w/optics on the form factor of the Attitude...i.e., smaller/lighter. The main gripe I would have with the Attitude is the "backspill" of light from the backside of the bezel. Non-flashaholics, on the other hand, find that "cool"....go figure!
rolleyes.gif

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
Besides the Attitude and Impact that others have praised enough already, I've got the Princeton Matrix LED headlight, and the Aurora LED headlight, as well as a lot of non-LED Princeton Tec products. I'm a big fan. I do a lot of backpacking so weight is always an issue, and with the PT lights, you get one of the toughest lights in a non-metal body. The Matrix is is a fantastic light, but it's a bit obsolete already, as the Aurora is much brighter, lasts as long, and is much more compact/lighter (not to mention the fact that it's got 3 different levels of brightness, and 2 different flashing options). I've also got a Vor Tec (4aa) with a 4-LED PR bulb. It's not the most compact, but it's bright and it has a LONG runtime. Princeton Tech makes good solid products that stands up to all the abuse I can dish out.

Cheers!