Looking for A Flashlight

K

kage

Hello all. An associate and I have been running ragged looking for a particular flashlight, or even it's maker and model. Various pictures of it are at: http://www.geocities.com/kagepics/Stargate/flashlight/flashlight.html

My associate used to own one just like or very similar to the one pictured back around 1983. A unique characteristic of this flashlight is that the lamp unit can be detached from the main column(it remains connected via one wire bundle) and clipped onto things.

Any help locating this flashlight or information on it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah...the Stargate flashlight...A few threads have been posted about it. I'd do a search, here, and expand on that. I don't think a concrete answer was ever found.

--dan

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the CPF, kage. Tell us about your self and, more importantly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif, your lights. Keep us posted.

danielo_d

Enlightened
Hey Kage!
First of all, "Welcome to CPF!"
Secondly, I apologize. I was browsing your SG website on Geocities. May have run you over your bandwidth limit. Sorry again! Cool site and pix!
Now about that light...
Can't help you. However, the body tube part looks alot like alot of the Garrity Rubber encased Tuff-Lites that I used to have back in the 90's. I know that's not a Garrity. Just noticing a similarity.
Good luck and great site!
Danno

K

kage

Dano> I did the search as recommended, however most seemed to be on Daniel's light, which we've already determined is a modified Regent Lighting 35-Watt Halogen Clamp Light

danielo_d> S'okay on the bandwidth, I kinda expected it. As for the Garrity connection, my associate thinks that it's one of those instances where Garrity sold the manufacturer the rubber grip. He's contacted Garrity, but they've been pretty blockheaded.

jayflash> My lights...well, I've got an Eveready from the 80s and another from the early 90s, one of the Garrity wall plu-in units, and a portable halogen work light for tinkering and DIY projects. I've also got a red light flashlight in a box somewhere.