Inova T Series lights... 8/18/04 update

• Thread starter MeridianTactical
  • Start date
M

MeridianTactical

Ok, while I dont have them and the exact release date... I should be getting some samples to evaluate in the next few days.

Seems also like production is going well and I don't know of any delays.

So I will use this thread to keep you posted on what I know/hear on these. I have alot on order so we should be in good shape. But Pre order now, as once it is released and in stock thesy will fly....

http://www.meridiantactical.com/inovaledlights.html

The T3 should be Awesome!!!

Chris

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Re: Inova T Series lights...

What What /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif! But I only just got the XO off you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif !

Yes, Yes, I will be watching for updates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and yes, you may consider this a pre-order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks mate,
Cam

Fat

Newly Enlightened

Would there be any cpf special on th T3?,it seems that there is a new wave of 3watters coming into the market soon and i'l be spoilt for choice on which brand to choose from,but inova is definately on my watch list.

suppin

Newly Enlightened

Yeah /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it would be REALLY tempting if there is a CPF special on the T3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Could you post a little review or some beamshots next to the XO when you get your hands on the T3, Chris? Would really help in decision making (at least for me hehe)

NorthernStar

Enlightened

Chris,
keep us updated on the T-series! Please show us some pictures of the light beams against a wall when you get them.

Northern Star

cgpeanut

Enlightened

Chris,

Is there such a thing as 4 watt luxeon or is it more of a 3 watter overdriven? if so, the T3 might be modded. to make T4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic

A Lux III driven at 1000mA is often dissipating close to 4W - especially if the Vf is closer to 4V than 3.5V - so a manufacturer can often just round up (Lumileds often does this with the LuxV - it's typically around 4.9W).

M

MeridianTactical

The T4 is the rechargable version... Not a 4 Watt, it's a 3 Watt.

I have them discounted a bit on my site, but no real specials off the bat... It will be a while untill supply catches up with demand.

I will only be able to play with them for a short time so I might be limited in what I can do for beam shots...

lightemup: Shall I be on the look out for a PayPal transfer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

M

MeridianTactical

Pictures and Beam shots comming soon! I have everything but time to sit and play. This weekend I should get it all done.

I have the T1, T2 and T3 in black ready to review and take shots of.

As far as I know thay are all done and are just awating the packaging....

NorthernStar

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
I have the T1, T2 and T3 in black ready to review and take shots of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good! I will keep an eye at this.

Northern Star

Mrd 74

Enlightened

Looking forward to the T3 reviews,could be on my want list if it throws its spot far enough.

suppin

Newly Enlightened

Hi Chris, hope this is not OT, but was wondering how much you charge for international shipping for one T3? And what is your method of post? The T3 looks mighty tempting... Will probably perform well if it has the same TIROS optics.

soloco

Enlightened

I just went to the Sharper Image yesterday, and they had a new flashlight. The label was INOVA 3W. That's it. I got to play with it a little bit in the store. Luckily I was carrying my XM2 to compare. The XM2 with reflector definitely had a brighter spot. The Inova had that strange optic that I've heard others describe. From the front I could see rings in the optic. I believe the batteries were pretty dead, so it wasn't as bright as I was hoping for in a 3W flashlight. It is overall pretty long and heavy. I'm guessing about an inch longer than the XM2 and heavier as well. Besides that it's pretty solid and well made, like other Inova lights. Is this the T3? Is it a good deal for $69.99?

suppin

Newly Enlightened

If it had a big head compared to the rest of the body, I don't think that's the T3. There was some post about this 3W Inova some time back, it looks like the Inova X0, but has a bigger bezel (non removable), with a supposed 3 watt LED.

The T3 has a uniform head and body size, much like the X0 I think.

suppin

Newly Enlightened

Yep, that's the post I was refering to. Thanks, lightemup! Soloco, if the light that you saw looks like the one in the link posted by Moe in that thread, then that's not the T3.

soloco

Enlightened

Funky! Why isn't this light on the Inova website? Oh well. Anyone have one yet? Is it any good?