Dorcy 2C LED on Clearance at Target

capnal

Enlightened
Went and did my routine Target run last night and discovered they are clearing out the Docry 2C LED. Price was $19.98, down from $28.97. Comes with 2 C cells. I grabbed on real quick when I saw it on clearance. Perosnally, I always thought the $30 bucks was a little steep, but 20 made it much more attractive!.This was at the store in the southwest part of Fort Worth. They only had about 5 of them last night.

Man, this I really like this light. I opted to put in 2 Energizer e2 Titanium serices cells instead of the Docry bateries that came with it. I was pretty impressed how much light it puts out. All flood, no spot, but really brite. Illuminates a large area in front on you and even did well on an overhead tree branches inspection. Well worth twenty of my hard earned dollars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Last I checked a Target, they were "on sale" at $28 instead of the usual $30. I'd buy one at $20.

There's definitely room for serious modding in the 2C body.

PrimiToad

Newly Enlightened
I've been wanting that flashlight bad. But the Target here still has them for $28.

I would pay $20 for it and be happy as a clam.

Hopefully the Target here puts them on clearance as well.

h_nu

Enlightened
After seeing these posts, I checked my local Target last week. They were listed as reduced and $28. Today I checked again and the red clearance tag was on the peg with all the Dorcy 2C flashlights gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The Eveready single D battery yard light style lights are now on clearance for $13.98 for a 3 pack. The other Dorcy lights now show price reductions. Maybe they'll go on clearance soon too.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Yep!

Target at FM518 and SH288 in Pearland had two at 19.something...

Now they have one.

I will see how bright it is tonight. But I MARVEL every time I light up the 1AA 3LED or 2AA 4LED! Even the 1AAA 1LED SMOKES a Garrity 3AAA 1LED I have!

capnal

Enlightened
UPDATE:
Last night I went back to Target as part of my regular errand running and shopping. To my surprise they had 2 of these Dorcys left and had marked them down EVEN MORE!!
The price last night was $13.98. While I was there fuming over how I had paid $6 more just two weeks before, I started talking to another customer about these. He got one and that left only one remaining on the rack.

This is the funny part. This "last one" had been cut open and re-taped closed, as if this item had been returned. So, just on a whim, I took it to the customer service desk and asked them about it, so they discounted it even more. Final price to me? $10 bucks! HA!

So, I guess that is the end of that item, at least at that store. Has anyone else seen these on clearance?

electronics4life

Newly Enlightened
The only review I have seen for this light is for the "older" verision with the exposed LEDs. How does the newer recessed LED lights compare?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Hm. I bought the last one at my local store for $20, and the package had been opened (no evidence of the light being removed or otherwise used). Too bad I didn't notice it until I left the store.

Oh well.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
A "brand new" Target here had one left for $13.88. I now have one with recessed and one with exposed leds. I can't tell much difference side by side. They have freed up shelf space apparently for a new 2AA 3-led and a xenon style 6P clone both from the Foresight brand. the $9.99 led light looks built decently enough. No sharp rough edges on the one I have. The $14.99 xenon looks like a mod base since it has a stippled reflector. It looks like it uses the same crappy lamp that the "Police" light uses.

PrimiToad

Newly Enlightened
The Target here in Monroe,LA finally lowered the price to $19.88. But upon close inspection I just can't see it being worth $20 and I almost paid $30 for it the first time I saw it.
I would pay $13 for it with no problem. I wonder how long it will burn with it's 2 C cells. The smaller versions of those are very nice and I have the 1AA 3 LED and the 1 AAA single LED models and find their output impressive for their size.

thelightdude

Newly Enlightened
I just got the last two they had from the Target in my area for $13.98. Thanks for the info. I also paid $19.98 for one about ten days ago.

All three have the the newer recessed leds and are significantly brighter than the Dorcy 2AA.

It is a very wide flood-type beam like my Streamlight ProPoly 3C led light.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Before I got the 2xC Dorcy, I preferred my 2xAA Dorcy over the others. I've not used the 2xC enough to form a solid opinion of it yet.

The AAA has all sorts of artifacts and is a very angry blue. It works allright as a closeup tasklight.

The AA has angry blue almost on the scale of the AAA. It does put out more light, but mine seems to be closer to a blue LED than a white LED. Color rendition is so poor that it's useless sometimes.

The 2xAA seems to put out more light than the AA, and the LEDs seem to be driven at a reasonable level so the blue isn't so obvious.

Lenny7

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ToadlyOne said:
I've been wanting that flashlight bad. But the Target here still has them for $28. I would pay $20 for it and be happy as a clam. Hopefully the Target here puts them on clearance as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you check the price with their scanner or is that what it was marked on the shelf. I've found that sometimes an item is actually priced for less than the price tag indicates when it's on clearance. Take the item to the end of the aisle and look for one of their price scanners and see what it rings up at.

I just bought the last one at our Target for $13.98. Nice light for that price. I bought one earlier when they were $20 also. Annoying circles around the edge of the beam, but for what it cost, that can be forgiven.

Pat

Lenny7

Newly Enlightened
Those are the scanners I was talking about, I just didn't describe them very well

PrimiToad

Newly Enlightened
I went by Target on a journey out and found the last one for $13.98.

I swooped down on that thing like an Owl catching a baby rabbit for dinner.

Very bright and nicely made. The O-ring on the switch cap was broken but I managed to get it in place but I need to replace that o-ring.

Any ideas?

thnx