Scotch Satin Tape!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Probably didn't need to do a new post. But I gotta tell ya about this!

I had done the Lumilite 2AA to 3 CR2 w/kpr112 mod and put Writeright on the lense. I was reasonably happy with the beam. And that might have been the end of the story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

I found Satin Scotch tape at Eckerds, so I bought a couple rolls of 3/4" width.

The Writright wouldn't stay flat on the lense. It kept lifting and wrinkling. So I tore it off and put on Satin tape. HOLY MOLEY! It appears even brighter! And it is a nearly perfect round smooth beam! I am amazed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I had an old Rayovac 2D light in my truck that no matter what bulb I tried, would not have the great beam that my 3Ds have. It had a somewhat tri-lobe beam of some artifacts and such. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

So I treated that light to Satin Tape. Again, I saw no discernable loss of brightness, and the beam has become quite usefull.

This stuff makes Writeright look sick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Only drawback I can see... It doesn't look as nice on a light as Writeright or Acrylite. But the results speak VOLUMES!!!

I know others have used it. Where do you think I got the idea? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

What are your thoughts???

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A few more examples...

A Dorcy 1AA 3LED light. Mine had a few artifacts that were almost certainly because of the chrome piece that surrounds the LEDS. Anyhow, with a piece of Satin, it gained a very nice smooth beam.

A Garrity 2AA G Tech that had a beam that was a tight bundle of artifacts, got a nice smooth beam.

Even a Dorcy 1AAA 1LED got better.

GOOD!!! Stuff!