Save this flashaholic! (flashlightfreaks.com)

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, there I was surfing, searching around the web and came across this poor fella /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif who's a self-admitted flashlight freak and just started his own forum to see if he could find others with similar interest. Hehe.

Any, uh, people into flashlights out there on the wwweb? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So whaddya think we could do that's kinda a thoughful welcome for this fellow? I know I could just register at his site and inform him that cpf exists, but there's gotta be some more creative welcome than that. I mean, he did go through all the trouble of setting up a whole forum of his own and all. (Started Aug 2, I believe)

Any ideas?

Greta

Flashaholic
Geez! With posting that link here, we're probably going to crash his site with all of the hits that he will get from here... "poor fella" is definately a good description. Binky, ye know not what ye've done... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sent him an email to answer a question he made in a post. Lumens VS candlepower, he has no memeber to help so I did the neighborly thing.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
I sent him an e-mail and told him that he was not alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many a Sci-Fi movie goes that way "you are not alone". Well okay thrillers & slash movies too. Oh, I guess drama too, which is more close to what your sentiment was. lol. Guy is gonna freak out when he hits the enter key after candlepowerforums.com

I wonder if it's coincidence that his forums has nearly identical topic subdivisions as cpf. That's strange.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Geez! With posting that link here, we're probably going to crash his site with all of the hits that he will get from here... "poor fella" is definately a good description. Binky, ye know not what ye've done... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But then he'll come here and it'll be like seeing his site some 3 years in the future. Maybe his first post will be "Hey this my site really filled up fast. Who's this Sasha and when did I put her in charge? Man, that was smart of me now I can just kick back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Man, that was smart of me now I can just kick back...

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH!... nothing like being reminded that you're being used... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never could get a compliment to come out right. Darnit!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif <-- binky

Greta

Flashaholic
It's ok binky... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif There are days when I sit back and say to myself, "Who's this Sasha and when did she get put in charge? Man, that was sure stupid of me... I really need to just kick back... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif "... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Huh, it's running PHPbb, so I gather that it's running on some flavor of *nix. Which means that it probably doesn't crash. Hmm...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
Huh, it's running PHPbb, so I gather that it's running on some flavor of *nix. Which means that it probably doesn't crash. Hmm...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...new CPF Lifeline? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well I registered, tried to post and it said my username was already taken. The member list indicates only me as Sigman...so I dunno what gives!

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I've got no clever idea so I'm just gonna register at the site and post a link to here. You guys would be more suitable ambassadors! Craig, I'm glad you posted a pic & link to your LED site!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. Sasha is having way to much fun with this. I gotta go see this site. "BRB attrib. phrase CJohnson".

And we're baaaaaack. I registered, posted and offered well wishes.

Lessee if Eric drops by and says howdy. Maybe he'll bring some beer.

- Jeff

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have posted....

I thought of the lifeline idea as well....lets go over there next time we crash and give him a house warming party.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
A flashlight forum! PULEEZ! Who in the world would make a website about flashlights! What a freak! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif