• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired What driver for a lux III on 1x123?

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
to maximize runtime and get the best combo of brightness?

Is the VIP at medium driven at spec?

I want at least 2 hours of flat time...

BB400?...what kind if flat run time would be expected?

TIA...

this is for an Aleph, donchaknow...

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The BB300 might be what you want.

Here's a link to kj's runtime plot of a BB400/Fire~Fly/1x123. The BB400/1x123 looks like it's just under 110 minutes, slightly less than the 2 hours you want.

zapper

Enlightened
Driven at that low of a current there is no need to use a LUX III. At that current a nice LUX I (Q BIN Flux)will be just fine plus save you a few bucks. I've just now since last night built two versions of the same light at the same current one with a LUX III and one with a LUX I. Visibly the same amount of light and throw. (Given same Vf say K BIN) Lambda has a do it yourself SMA (~350 mA) and SMA+ (~500mA) pill. The SMA will give you a shade more than 2 hrs and SMA+ a shade less. That is if you want to do it your self and it will cost about $15 with the QWOH LUX I HD! Ofcourse a drop in solution from the shoppe is sweet!! If you can solder decently then do the Lambda thing, if not and a turnkey solution is what you want then the Shoppe definitely !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif