LionHeart 168A Body Interest?

Otokoyama

Enlightened
<font color="blue">Update Sunday 9:05 AM Pacific Time: Orders are sufficient to </font><font color="red">go ahead with production</font><font color="blue">. This will be a one time offer, so please get your order in by Tuesday morning at 7AM Pacific Time if you want to be able to run your LionHeart on the higher capacity 168A. Thanks.</font> The offer thread is here.

In The LionHeart thread, there's been significant interest in a LionHeart body that holds the Pila 168A with its 50% greater (1.8Ah vs. 1.2Ah) capacity though in not quite as handy a size. Thanks to FNinjaP90n, we have an artist's concept of what the 168A body would look like as compared to the LH's standard body:
168Avs150A.jpg

The 168A body would appear identical to the standard 150A LionHeart body except for its length. Body finish will be identical to whatever MR Bulk selects for the LionHeart. It will also (thanks Charlie!) include the now famous LionHeart logo.

I am guessing that this could be delivered CONUS for $37 to $40 at roughly the same time as the LionHeart, though no quotes or schedules have as yet been obtained.

If you're interested, please let me know! Thanks!

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:
we have an artist's concept of what the 168A body would look like as compared to the LH's standard body:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, more like a 5 minute in MSpaint concept. The drawing is assuming the LH's "under 4 inch" length is 3.8".

I'd probably be interested if this can be substituted for the 150A body during the final payment note, not as a seperate 3rd party accessory.

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FNinjaP90 said:I'd probably be interested if this can be substituted for the 150A body during the final payment note, not as a seperate 3rd party accessory.

[/ QUOTE ]I think you'll likely be quite happy with the 150A body then, but I personally prefer additional capacity.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Count me in for one, possibly two

Even with this adapter the LH would be only slightly longer than the 4 1/8" VIP with KC.

Brightnorm

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in for 2. Need it to match my 2 Lionhearts....1 in HA and 1 natural. That is of course if Charlie decides to leave some natural and decides to go with HA finish on the others.

Thanks.

Curtis

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in for at least one in HA.. Could turn out to be two since I'm buying two Lionhearts, but the alu one will probably turn out to be a closet queen since I won't want to mar the finish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

avusblue

Enlightened
Will this body accept the 168S battery also (without looseness / rattling)? If so, I'd take one, to have Pila battery commonality with the SureFire L4.

It would be even better if the body could be subbed out for the original, instead of a separate accessory. My original would be wasted, gathering dust on a shelf.

Cheers,

Dave

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
avusblue said:Will this body accept the 168S battery also (without looseness / rattling)?

[/ QUOTE ]The 168A is the same length, but 2mm less in diameter. It may rattle if the LH is vigorously shaken. However, the 168S is only a 17% improvement in capacity over the 150A, so it's not clear there's a worthwhile benefit to using the longer 168S over the standard 150A.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Charlies biggest concern over the longer packs is that people might use a pair of 123s which might not be a good idea

Raybo

Enlightened
I'll take one just for the extra runtime factor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
I think Charlies biggest concern over the longer packs is that people might use a pair of 123s which might not be a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an understandable concern, but most LH buyers will have read this thread and are aware of the issue. Also, a prominant warning can be displayed in the LH buy thread, or even in LH instructions. To keep this in perspective, warnings are usually posted because of hazard, but lithiums are merely poor performers in the LH, not actually dangerous. (Unless I've missed something)

Brightnorm