Rigel System's LED lights

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Rigel System\'s LED lights

I am interested in these. How flat is the dascharge? it says it has regulation circuitry to keep the brightness constant.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Rigel System\'s LED lights

HI Coldlight,

The Rigel website says Rancho Palos Verdes....he he he just a few miles from McCulloch (like 25), so I guess I will be seeing these guys next week

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ColdLight:
I am interested in these. How flat is the dascharge? it says it has regulation circuitry to keep the brightness constant.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got the pilot's Mil Skylite model of that light-2 white/2 green LEDs. I use a 9.6v NimH 170mAh batt. in it and think it's output thru the discharge cycle is very flat..

The rheostat thumbwheel brightness control is great for precise brightness control.

I have noticed that when the battery finally lets down, the green LEDs give off considerably more light than the white ones. Btw-this light wasn't cheap 2 years ago
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...if you can wait till around Christmas I hear Peter Gransee at Arc flashlight may have something similar to Rigel's thumbwheel (functionally speaking that is) up his sleeve..
wink.gif

btw I've had the Skylite, 2 red 2 white, for a couple years, don't use it very often but I haven't needed to change the 9volt battery yet...I guess I must have put a lithium in there...

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another nice thing about these 9V light is, if you have a smoke detector in your house & change the battery every year as you should (does any one do that?), you will never have to spend money for batteries. If you have 2 smoke detectors, get a Pal also. TX

L.E.D.

Enlightened

holy cow the arc thumbweel thingie seems like it would be awesome. Darn, he sure has a lot of new products planned Arc AA and this thumbweel.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

there there, now now, Coldlight, I said functionally like the Rigel thumbwheel...but I don't know any details, maybe it will be a teensy little wheel..........?
.....naaaaaaah!

Gandalf

Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
...if you can wait till around Christmas I hear Peter Gransee at Arc flashlight may have something similar to Rigel's thumbwheel (functionally speaking that is) up his sleeve..
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure Peter is reading this and either grinning, or groaning! Now, even if he isn't planning this, about 200 CPF's are going to be asking for it, and the next generation of Arc-LS (or whatever...) begins....
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just spent an hour looking for Gransee's post where he mentions the idea...he sounded pretty serious about it...but of course I can't find it now...maybe he will read this and comment...?...