Ram Instruments?

junior

Enlightened
Ok folks, I saw a tail cap switch for a mini-mag by ram instruments here at a local fry's store.

What is the deal with these products and how come there is not much talk about them here?

Also, I saw that they have an affordable drop LED for the mini-mag.

So, What's the word the street?

Luff

Enlightened
Don't know about the drop-in. The switch has been around quite awhile. Many folks here found it not too reliable, some have bad threads, some seem to increase resistance and all are not water resistant. I still use it on a couple mods that only get used in the house. The more robust Kroll switch is a better choice most times, but it's rubber 'conehead' dome just doesn't look good on some of my lights.

If you decide to buy the Ram swtich ... get a couple. That way you're more likely to end up with one that works as expected.

zapper

Enlightened
I bought a few when I first saw them at Fry's also. The threads are iffy and the switch sometimes adds unacceptable amounts of resistance. Most of the time they do work for what you need them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

B

Birmingham47

I've been trying the led drop in for about two weeks and have been pleased. It's more affordable than others I've seen and it's pretty darn bright w/ 3 led's. I agree about the threads on the tail switch. And,it needs to have a bit more of a positive "click" for my taste. But, it's worked so far.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
flashlights4less said:
I agree about the threads on the tail switch. And,it needs to have a bit more of a positive "click" for my taste. But, it's worked so far.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you selling that tailswitch? -I couldn't find it on your website.

B

Birmingham47

Thanks for looking. Not yet. I evaluate everything for a month before I put it up on the site. Our store is next to Ft. Campbell (Home of the 101st Airborn Division). I evaluate products myself, then send out a couple with some senior soldiers I know. They really put things to the test. Especially in testing durability. Everyone seems to like it so far. If you want one, PM me and I can ship it to you.