M3T with Lexan or Pyrex?

Heck

Enlightened
I recently bought a SF M3T without the new style teeth. I made sure of getting the older non-teethed model. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if my M3T indeed has Pyrex or has Lexan.

I got this in the old style box with the cardboard lid, inside included the advertising for the $1.25 batteries, and came with individually packaged 3 SF123A dated 2013. However the paper inside wrote to use DL123s and said the bezel is of Lexan.

Is there any way to tell if my light is Pyrex or Lexan? Is the info paper pamphlet simply outdated since the batteries are "new" or is this old with Lexan and the vendor decided to dump new batts in there? Maybe some experts here can show me how to tell if it's Pyrex or Lexan. Thanks!

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
It should be a Pyrex lens. The Pyrex lens has a plastic ring nut that holds the lens in place. If it had a Lexan lens, there wouldn't be a plastic ring nut. I haven't ever seen a KT4 Turbo Head with a Lexan lens.

The newest crenulated bezel uses the crenulated ring, as the nut to hold the Pyrex lens.

oldgrandpajack

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Tap it with your finger. If it makes a nice, soft, solid thud, it is Pyrex. If it makes a less solid clap, it is Lexan.

Heck

Enlightened
Heh, that's what I was trying to do before, the tapping check. The M3T made a Thuik noise, while my L5 made a Thik noise.....so I wasn't sure, but then I tried my G2 and it went thuuuk and when I tapped my Mag it went thuuuuuuuuuuuck. Plus the present black plastic ring, me pretty sure it's a Pyrex.

Thanks for the info and quick replies!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never heard of the KT4 turbo head in Lexan before so I think you shouldn't worry too much.