What took me so long?

capnal

Enlightened
I really don't know what took me so long. I finally have my ARC AAA coming to me. I have been a member here since May and I have been a longtime flashlight collector for years before that. However, it was not until my exposure here to CPF that the ARC was shown to me. Another member actually recently referred to it as a "badge" of the flashaholic.

I have held off for several reasons: not ever having had the opportunity to handle one in real life (don't know anyone with one), long lead time from the factory, and what seems to be an ongoing debate on whether to get the standard or premium. So, I ended up getting one on Ebay. Ending price was about 2 bucks more than the ARC website, but he has it in stock. Seller says it is new, still in the package.

Does anyone have any experience with the ebay seller "surefire parts" ?

Anyway, so now you guys can't make fun of me for not even having the ARC, right? (Not that you REALLY would make of me. Right??!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

capnal

Enlightened
Cool, thanks for the feedback. In fact, since I posted this, he has already sent a payment receipt verification email and statement that my ARC will go out today. With any luck, I should get it tomorrow.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Surefireparts is our very own jcciv. John is great to deal with and has helped me out more than once.

Enjoy your ARC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've dealt with Surefireparts soooo many times.
John (jcciv on cpf) is top! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Capnal, looks like its time to Welcome you again to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good on ya, I'm sure you'll be amazed with the Arc AAA when you get it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened
I've also bought MANY lights from Surefireparts on Ebay. Top quality products and service all the way! I didn't realize he was a CPFer, but I should have known.

GL

nirad

Enlightened
A lot of my Surefires and accessories came from Surefire parts. Top notch Ebayer. I just received my KL4 and Z57 last week. Prompt shipping and excellent communications. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Surefireparts is the BEST!!! I've bought a lot of parts from John in the last year. Never a problem! Fast shipping, great packaging and the best communications! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

oldgrandpajack

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Capnal, if you're like me, the Arc AAA will be your most used light because it'll be with you almost all the time. You may (or may not) be surprized how few photons are necessary for many tasks.

capnal

Enlightened
hey jayflash,
Yes, I am highly anticipating the arrival of the Arc. As I have stated, I have never even had the chance to handle one. Haven't even seen one at a gun show! Anyway, I have several similar sized single cell pocket lights, but from what I gather, this is really the high water mark on the single AAA.

Sounds like jcciv {a.k.a. surefireparts} is a good person to do business with. Maybe I should have told him I was a CPF member! Do ya think I coulda gotten like a free 4 pack of AAAs or something? HA HA HA!

capnal

Enlightened
FINALLY!!
Just got it in the mail this morning!
Wow, it is really cool. Worth the wait. It is everything everyone says it is.

Now, how many varieties of this do I need?
How many do you guys own? Kinda like potato chips? Betcha can't eat (own) just one?

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Capnal- Now you need to get the ARC AAA CPF LTD Edition model-otherwise we will all laugh at you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
capnal,

I like the ARC AAA with red LED too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif