GITD Swiss Army Knife

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I thought we had a forum for GITD stuff. Maybe that was before LED/EL/Laser got broken up?
Anyhow I thought this was an interesting feature on a Swiss Army Classic. I'd never seen before.

BTW not my auction but I did buy a couple knives from him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

matt_j

Enlightened
I do have that knife. Well the Climber version. Right out of the box it doesn't do much in terms of glowing in the dark but I left it out in my car on a sunny day and let me tell you it was bright. I had it hanging of my backpack when I walked into darkish hallway and this thing lighted up like a glowstick. Problem is that the knife gets dirty and dirt stays on the handle since they are not smooth as typical SAK handles so it is difficult to clean. Also "glow charge" dispaears pretty quickly (2 hours). But it is a fun knife and since I needed one I don't regret having it. PLus it is a nice conversation piece.

Matt

matt_j

Enlightened
Soap and brush work just fine. it's just that when I get some dirt on my hands I can wipe it off fast from regualr SAK sine dirty has no pores to get into. With the GITD SAK I have to go an extra step.

Latest posts