how to build mag-spot

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i joined the cPf and now officially addicted. I was inspired by a member that posted the maglite thread that said something about a mag-sized spotlight

so

I want to find out what kind of battery coverter i need for 123's, bulbs, reflector and such, any material that i may need. I want to cram the meg body with 123's and let it burn like there is no tomorrow. but i seem to be having a litle problem with the search engine in Cpf, so if anyone has a link or even better, experience with a similar project, it would be awsome.

thanks in advance
nick

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you've got bucks to spend running parallel stacks of 123 cells, your best bet would be to go to nimh rechargeables. That is, if you want a light that you will actually want to use and frequently. The most potent bulbs demand amps that a single stack of 123's just cannot provide.

Fivemega has done some really nice work with lithium ion rechargeables in his lights and he focuses on a broader performance envelope in terms of runtime. Me, I go for the brightest that can be done.

You might want to start by doing a search in the "Homemade and Modified" forum for main threads started by CPF member "Ginseng" I've pulled a lot of information together and reference some good threads as well. Udaman, js and bwaites would also be good resources to tap.

Wilkey