Prayer request and PRAISE report thread>>>

coachbigdog

Enlightened
This thread is not to start a debate about prayer or "knock" anyone.Also,PLEASE do not turn this thread into a "religous" debate.I just figured that since I'm here EVERYDAY that maybe if some one had a need or prayer request,you could post it here and I could pray for you or the situation.Also other christians could see the requests and join in on the prayer if they felt led.The bible says where 2 or three are gathered together in HIS name touching any one thing according to his will,it shall be done!
I'll start by asking for you to join in agreement over my friends marriage.His initials are M.D. and hers are J.D. They are a couple married for 7 years and they need our prayers.Thanks!

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Do you need prayer?

Good on ya coach! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I'll join in prayer as well over MD & JD's marriage... Let's hope this gets the ball rolling for everyone else as well! Thanks for starting this, coach... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

And why is this a Christian only thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is not to start debate about prayer or "knock" anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
My guess is he is a Christian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
We have different beliefs than any other religion. Prayers from a non-Christian would not have the same effect. But then we are going off the stated intent.
I would be happy to join in prayer for their marriage.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting - it's that seven year thing. Umpteen years ago we threw a "seven year itch" party on the day of our seventh anniversary. That day, a clock we were given for our wedding...quit working. It didn't portend an early demise of our marriage although we've had 15 years of employment difficulty since then. I guess friends and family must have said a ton of prayers for us.

Jesus certainly was one of the Greats and I believe he existed, but that doesn't make me a Christian. I'll fire off a prayer anyway as I'm of the opinion that God is universal and doesn't tune in to only one channel.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good idea, Coach. Use what you have.

I need some prayer, too.

If you've read enough of my posts this request may seem contradictory -- it isn't.

Thanks

Sub

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
I'll fire off a prayer anyway as I'm of the opinion that God is universal and doesn't tune in to only one channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed! Nicely said.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*

I'm in. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. If anyone needs a prayer my family and I will remember you. Also please continue to pray for me and my family as we are continuing to deal with my health issues.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in and while were at it could someone put a word in for me about getting this job I'm after. I'm so close yet so far from getting it. If I don't get something real soon I will be up a BIG CREEK with out a paddle.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in to coach. Will be prayin' for all of you. Oh, and I need prayer....lots of prayer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

You can absolutely count me in too! We all "need" prayer in today's world!

Some may not "label" themself with a certain "faith" (I don't particularly care for "labels" myself) and I indeed respect everyone here and imagine we have quite a few different "faiths" gathered here. Though I may not agree and/or understand why one "faith" practices or believes in a certain way or thing...I'm "open-minded" and do not wish to "shut down" communication by saying the wrong things to those who may not be so "open-minded" or willing to "listen".

I often post the words "positive thoughts" in conjunction with prayer.Some may not even call "prayer" --->"prayer". They may call it "positive thought"... I actually believe it's one in the same!

Thanks for starting this thread!

coachbigdog

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
And why is this a Christian only thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said this was a christian thing only,mearly stating my faith.I will gladly pray for ANY and EVERYONE. God Bless to all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

coachbigdog

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Sub_Umbra said:
Good idea, Coach. Use what you have.

I need some prayer, too.

If you've read enough of my posts this request may seem contradictory -- it isn't.

Thanks

Sub

[/ QUOTE ]

We ALL need prayer! I will keep you in my prayers brother! Please do the same for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

coachbigdog

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
I'm in and while were at it could someone put a word in for me about getting this job I'm after. I'm so close yet so far from getting it. If I don't get something real soon I will be up a BIG CREEK with out a paddle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not pray you get "this" job.I'm going to pray GOD gives you THE job! God might very well have something better in store for you!I will pray for ALL these requests tonight.Also,just in case there is a specific need that is too personal to post for all to see, feel free to pm me.I would also gladly put you on our prayer list at church(if you want me too). Just a little "background" about me and my faith.I haven't always "served" God even though I've always believd in HIM. I knew as a teen that I was supposed to go into youth ministry,but ran from GOD.So much so that I almost "threw" my marriage of ten years away!(been married 15years now in November)I only say this to say that I've personally experienced the Grace and Mercy of God!Do I still make mistakes? Yes Sir I do. Do I still sometimes let people down? Yes Sir I do. The only difference is now I'm forgiven and now I want and desire to help others MORE than myself,which was never true before.Anyways,just a VERY small piece of my testimony.Will be praying,along with all of you other "prayer warriors"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

coachbigdog

Enlightened

Late last night my 24 year old brother asked to talk to me. He gave his heart to the LORD at an early age,but has since "walked" away,as many of us has at one time or another. Anyways,God has really been dealing with him again as of late and we had a really good talk.What was neat is we've talked about many things,but he has NEVER opened up to me about GOD as an adult.We are 9 years apart and have NEVER had a fight.(well,I've fussed at him MANY times,but we've never fought,physically or verbally)I've always been more of a "father' to him instead of a brother.Which made it more surprising that he "opened" up like he did.Please pray that God will open his eyes and direct his path.My baby brother means the world to me!He is my life! Thanks for all the prayers!

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Consider it done coach! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Glad to hear your brother is back on path again. I am also a struggling backslidden Christian, so I would also appreciate any and all prayers that I can get to get back on track again... TIA all!

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

One (rather feeble) prayer warrior checking in. I realise my shortcomings in this (as well as all areas when it comes to pleasing God), but I will endeavour to pray for you guys and the requests you put up.

God bless.