Goncz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
I remember reading some comments on this forum sometime ago about Goncz lights. I had found them on the web before that, and had always wondered why Goncz uses some of the same photos that Streamlight uses on their website.

Does anyone have any of these lights, or did they have any of them, and what were they like (incan or LED, recharge or lithium or alkaline)?

rastaman

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
uh .. ahem ... do yourself a favour and make a search for Goncz on CPF ... you'll come up with some quite interesting threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Prepare several hours to read them all, it's worth a laugh and a nightmare.

Here is a review of the Goncz M3 (sorry, pics are down) and further down the thread you'll find two VERY interesting links to threads in Bladeforums where he appeared and hell broke loose!

Enjoy and be careful!

bernhard

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
He could best be described as a con artist,sham, fraud, he claimed to have made lights superior to surefire but they were pitiful examples. He was challenged to a beam showdown at one show and his lights were not even functioning models and John Goncz has hopefully disappeared from the face of the earth. If your really curious about his products do a search on blade forums archived posts but under no circumstances send any money to him or you will join the ranks of donors to the goncz coffers with nothing in return for your "donation" oh and expect to be soundly cursed by gerbil boy if you question him on his feeble attempts to produce a working flashlight. He is persona non gratia here at CPF for several reasons best left buried.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
uh .. ahem ... do yourself a favour and make a search for Goncz on CPF ... you'll come up with some quite interesting threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Prepare several hours to read them all, it's worth a laugh and a nightmare.

Here is a review of the Goncz M3 (sorry, pics are down) and further down the thread you'll find two VERY interesting links to threads in Bladeforums where he appeared and hell broke loose!

Enjoy and be careful!

bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I think it may be best if a moderator locked this out for us all!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I wouldn't bet a dime on the survival of this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bk

P.S.: despite all the Goncz-bashing going on you have to keep in mind that this is one side of the story (with still a whole lot of truth in it) and that Jon Goncz is almost certainly a poor fellow with a hell of a lot of more problems than we have. I pity him for this but won't do business again with him.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'd lock this thread myself, but I do not have the power to do so in this forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
I'll do the honors then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thread locked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.