Latest chromacity/intensity information re: Luxeon

Streak

Enlightened
I was in contact with Lumileds today. I asked about garanteeing the colour and intensity of their products especially when buying a large quantity (white in this instance)of 1k or more.
Their reply was that they recognise that there are variations but for the time being you have to take a mixed bag.
From what I have read even the CPFers who use ones and twos are finding a problem with colour consistency. How is someone who manufactures product based on the LS supposed to produce a consistent quality product when you do not know if your white will be white or perhaps green? It seems that you will have to purchase a large quantity and do the ranking your self and throw away the rest!!

Sorry if this seems like a rant but I find the approach all wrong. We'll give you a great price if you buy a large quantity but we cant garantee that all 1000 pieces will be the same!

LED-FX

Enlightened
Gotta be wondering who is running the show over at Lumileds.
As both its parents are very respected,Philips as a whole, inventor of Compact Cassette,the Video Cassette Recorder and joint inventor Compact Disc ,Agilent part of Hewlett Packard makers of some of the worlds finest test equipment.
Philips are also one of the worlds largest lighting concerns.

It seeems strange that they can`t set up automated plant to colour sort product.If its gonna be of any use to mass market manufacuturers, their going to want the lamps in single colour sorts.

Guessing competiton will be the driving force here, with Nichia about to come out with something new and other manufacturers developing things that they won`t be talking about yet....

The future can only get brighter ;-)

Adam