Home Phone Systems?

GeorgeB

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I thought I would post here because of the wealth of knowledge on this board.

I am looking for a cordless phone/answering machine system for the house. We have a small business that we run out of our home and get phone calls at all times after hours. I am looking for a system that will only let pre-set numbers ring through after 6:pm.(Basically turning the ringers off, except the numbers of friends and family, during set hours)

I have found systems that will do this, but won't store the numbers on my handsets.

http://www.privacycall.com/pages/id-screener-3.htm?PHPSESSID=b240b512ce6e00374b9619e4bb2bf13c

If anyone has a link, recommendation, or can send me in the right direction to do my research, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
George

GeorgeB

Newly Enlightened
Hey thanks for the link!
I checked out but, I am going to stay away from PC based systems. I live a fair ways out of town, and don't really trust the electrical grid in this area (I have to reset the clock on the VCR way to often!) so I shut down the computer when I'm not using it. I'll probably just hook up a handset to the answering machine for returning calls.

Thanks again,
George

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
GeorgeB said:
Hey thanks for the link!
I checked out but, I am going to stay away from PC based systems. I live a fair ways out of town, and don't really trust the electrical grid in this area (I have to reset the clock on the VCR way to often!) so I shut down the computer when I'm not using it. I'll probably just hook up a handset to the answering machine for returning calls.

Thanks again,
George

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always put a UPS on the PC. The machine I'm using at the moment has a UPS on it, and I haven't had any power-related problems with it for a long time. On the other hand, if your power goes out for long periods of time, a UPS wouldn't be enough - you'd need a generator. That might be too much effort and expense for the application.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!