Another Inova X1 question

capnal

Enlightened
Didn't want to hijack another thread here about Inova X1 questions.

I am running an Energizer AA lithium L91 in my X1, black with white LED. Really pleased with it. Just wondering if I could get some feedback on some real world experiences on runtime for this light. Any input appreciated.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy has done a wonderful job of compiling a list of runtime plots, found here. He lists the X1 at nearly 6hrs till 50% brightness.

EDIT: Just found out that this plot is for an alkaline only. Sorry, but lost the link and don't have enough time to search for it again.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a runtime plot for the INOVA X1. I know that this isn't a 'real world' situation but if you haven't seen it it's helpful.

I gave my wife an X1 in March and she uses it all the time at work and today she just replaced the battery for only the second time. Like myself, she has no idea of how much time she actually gets on a feeding. I could have really used an X1 years ago.

EDIT: Sorry for the re-post of Roy's plot. I type slow and think even slower.

Aloft

Enlightened
capnal. . . not many folks I've found that run lithiums in an X1. I wrote the company and they "did not recommend the use of lithiums". A bummer for me, as the ability to use lithiums is a real plus for emergency kits, etc. But the one CPF'er I spoke to who HAD been using them hasn't reported any problems so far, just what I would expect for a "regulated" light. I have a few and may "sacrifice" one for a lithium test. If you're running lithiums in an X1, please post or PM me and let me know if you have any problems. Thanks. . .

capnal

Enlightened
hey, aloft,
I have not noticed any problems at all with running the lithium cell in it. Last night it got some continued use outside. I think I might be getting slightly better performance from the L91 than I would with an alkaline, but I could be mistaken. I, too, like the idea of using that cell for putting it away and pick it up 6 months later and it still works fine: emergency bags, cars, whatever.

I will run out this cell as much as I can and try to update on any performace pros or cons. At this point, I do not think I am doing any damage, however, I could be mistaken about that, as well.

Aloft

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
capnal said:
hey, aloft,
I have not noticed any problems at all with running the lithium cell in it. Last night it got some continued use outside. I think I might be getting slightly better performance from the L91 than I would with an alkaline, but I could be mistaken. I, too, like the idea of using that cell for putting it away and pick it up 6 months later and it still works fine: emergency bags, cars, whatever.

I will run out this cell as much as I can and try to update on any performace pros or cons. At this point, I do not think I am doing any damage, however, I could be mistaken about that, as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! I'm eventually going to try it in mine as well. I guess I'll have to buy a new one strictly for testing purposes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for the info capnal, and thanks in advance for future updates. . .

BTW, I'm trying lithiums in my CMG Ultra as well. . . still lighting up, if it blows, I'll post!