Pic request, E2D vs. 6P/G2 or C2 :)

2Sharp

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I tried to search but i didn't find anything suitable.

Can anyone please shoot a size comparison picture of the E2D vs. 6P/G2/C2?

A friend asked me to shoot a pic of mine, but i don't have any camera handy..

Any help is much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Thank you @ mod for moving this to the right place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, if I can find my E2D, I'll take that photograph for you and post it in this thread.

(Edit 7:56pm PDT)
My E2D was not where I last remember putting it, so no picture from me...not now anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

2Sharp

Newly Enlightened
LOL, ok, thanks for the effort, and good luck finding the E2D... it's a too good light not to be used/carried /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Here's a photo I took recently...
al-u2j.jpg

No C2 in the photo though. I hope this isn't a problem?
If it is, please email me and I'll send you a photo of the models you want.

Al

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
He's just rubbing it in.. but I still don't mind looking at pics of some of the nicest lights there are. Nice pics, thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

This is the first pic I've seen of the new E2e with the rounded, non-engraved side... not good. *makes mental note to specify 'old style' E2e if I order*

The anodize color mismatch stands out, and it happens to be the same finish on the E2D and the U2, same colors for the same parts of the light. Perhaps it's something to do with the way each part is anodized rather than batch variation in the anodization process to begin with?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Although this is off topic, the deed of posting the photo with the E2d and 6P/G2 is done...

The U2 I have I assume is a 'production sample' rather than a pre-production sample such as Ricky (Glow Bug) appears to have, or a proto-type.

However, this is a proto-type of what eventually became the U2:
al-u2a.jpg

There are important physical changes that I'm very pleased were made.

The difference in HABK anodising with regards to purple-tinted parts is due I believe to different parts being made from different bar stock and anodised in different batches. The camera flash certainly makes the difference more obvious then in real life through mine own eyes.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yeah...

This photo shows the old style E2d with some other SureFires:
al-Eclasscollection.jpg

PK's signature is etched on the bezel.

PK autographs things for me:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be too, if I had the opportunity to meet up with him regularly, much less receive elite new experimental autographed lights from him....

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, quick on the draw too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

madecov, he doesn't have a M1000 either (yet) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif