Wuben        

Thread: It's my CPF birthday!

Default It\'s my CPF birthday!

Just noticed it was my 2 year CPF 'birthday' 3 days ago... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Default Re: It\'s my CPF birthday!

Congrats!
    I celebrate my 3-year next month and I have a lot to show for it. Empty wallet, annoyed wife, flashlights all over the place, a bunch of NiMH batteries and charger etc.
    Sooooo, what light are you getting for your "birthday"?

Flashaholic*

Happy (bloody?) birthday! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] My ancestors have you surrounded - they hale from Wales and Scotland. I hope "bloody" was appropriate and not insulting because I'm not well versed in British culture. I'm not even a year old yet - but I can crawl. Have a bright day.

Um... I really hate to do this guys... but... um... you're a month too early... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] ... CPF date is month/day/year... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Like the metric system, the USA ought to adopt the European date sequence - it just makes more sense. There might be clue when the Limeys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] dump the "English" system of measurement.

lol mine was yesterday.ya poor poeple 1 year of raggieeeeeeee

Flashaholic*

Raggie, you have got to be one of our most prolific posters - 3400 in ONE year!!! Cripes! That's a lot. Thank you for your, many, entertaining posts. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Now I understand the "ragweed" episode. Anything within reason and a reason for everything. Like climbing a mountain, sometimes, "steppin' out", gives us a new perspective on life and its challenges.

BTW, raggie, happy yesterday!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I like this sequence better 12 Aug 04, no problems figuring out the sequence. The only problem is when Y2.1K hits [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

BHTX, that's how I date my letters. Small-medium-large...isn't that the European, date, sequence?

My 4th CPF birthday is today. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif[/img]
    Thank you for the reminder across the pond!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif[/img] to the LED Museum - one of our most esteemed (and older than...!?) members.

HEY!! I just noticed something! You can go to your personal preferences and choose how you want the time and date to display! It's pretty cool! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sasha,
    Oops. I assumed it was the US date format. Cool - I get to celebrate my birthday again (just after my real birthday, which is 22nd of this month!) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img]
    When was CPF's inaugural date?

Benthead,
    I've managed to be pretty restrained so far, haven't emptied my wallet yet...
    For my birthday I'll be buying myself a real bargain spotlight I saw in a local hardware store (see spotlight forum).

Jayflash,
    Use of the word bloody probably wasn't necessary, but funny all the same. I worked in longisland a few years back, and some guy in a sub shop said "here's your bloody sandwich" in his best english accent. I guess he thought we all speak like a monty python sketch. Pretty funny looking back on it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Craig,
    It's always good to have a heads up. I almost forgot my anniversary this year! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]