• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired RETRACTED: 2 homemade 5W "Mc Modules" for PM6...

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
RETRACTED: 2 homemade 5W \"Mc Modules\" for PM6...

...when I say homemade, it's really that! I didn't have the funds for real McModules to mod with, so I took 2 stock Pelican M6 lamp assemblies and turned them into ready-to-screw-on, McModule-wannabes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I only had a Dremel to bore, drill and fit the converter, etc.. and I also lack the craftsmanship other modders display on the forums /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif, so these 2 modules are far from pretty-looking, but I've been carrying my PM6 every night and switching between these 2 configs and I guarantee you they work nicely!

2%20modules%20(front).jpg

I'm only parting with these because I managed to get some W bin 5W from Endeavour's last group buy, so I can now upgrade...

2 configurations available:

- 5W UVOT with Badboy 1200mA. This one is a bit on the warm side with a slight pink/red tint; pretty white to me though, only noticeable if I compare to the other module.
Low T Vf makes it a winner if you plan on running it on 2x CR123s (or 1 LiIon cell like I did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)
Click here for a beamshot comparison between an L4 (on the left) and the PM6 UVOT/BB1200 with Pelican Reflector (on the right).

- 5W V3V with Badboy 1167mA . This one is really white, one of my "benchmark white" when I need to compare Luxeon tints. The high V Vf though makes it a little trickier to run, that is if you are seeking a long runtime (I'm silly, who doesn't?? ): I originally built this one to run on 2 LiIon cells, which peaked charged initially deliver a voltage a bit above Vf, so it starts off direct drive for 5min or so and then is regulated for a loooong time!
Most people use CR123s, so you would need to get an A20 Surefire extension to run this module off of 3x CR123s to simulate that. This would easily give you over an hour runtime as well, but probably without the initial direct drive brightness kick as with the LiIons (I believe 3XCR123s intial voltage wouldn't be above this Led Vf). Off of 2x CR123s, runtime is rather poor with this module, IIRC topping at a bit over 30min... Beamshot between L4 (on the left) and this module (on the right) is here.

This particular L4 I used was the brightest I've seen so far, but with a tint on the blue side. Beamshots were way under exposed and show hotspots quality and led tints, but keep in mind both the L4 and the PR have also a lot of sidespill the pic doesn't show! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can take more pics if you are interested.

I'm asking for $50.00 per module, with additional $15.00 if you need my like-new Surefire A20 adapter.
Prices include USPS Priority Mail CONUS, I would send international for additional fees. Paypal is preferred of course, but I can take USPS Money Order or personal check, etc...
Please PM or e-mail me at the address in my profile.
Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: 2 homemade 5W \"Mc Modules\" for PM6...

bump! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

edited first post with price drop... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

thanks Tyler... they don't look as pretty as your McModules but they really work quite well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anybody interested at all??

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

These look very tempting, but I have nothing to put them in...I don't think. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

mut

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

Mut, you don't have a Pelican M6!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

It sounds like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
But no I don't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
Thought about it many times just never got one.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
mut

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

hehehe!! I was kidding, don't be so hard on yourself, you just didn't need a Pelican M6... when you make all your custom beauties! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

And another joyful bump!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do these go directly into the PM6 LED AND the regular incandescent PM6?
And, I'm guessing that the A20 fits nicely on the PM6, right?

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

Yes sir! the A20 fits nicely indeed.
the modules themselves screw right in any PM6 barrel that has the threads. I'm not sure about the PM6 Led or the newer style PM6 incandescent, but I have the older style incandescent PM6 with threads, and these work like a charm!
Maybe somebody who has newer bodies could confirm if the threads are still there, altough Lamp is now fixed to reflector? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

quick update: I managed to borrow a PM6 led from a friend and the body was the same as mine, with inside threads. The Led module was actually threaded in just like an original lamp assembly... these 5W modules also thread in directly to work off of 2xCR123s or 1 LiIon for the UVOT, and 3xCR123s or 2 LiIons for the V3V!

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

oh well, edited original post cause I'm not selling these anymore.