MCD rating for turquoise ARC AAA

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Hello,

I was just browsing the ARC website and came accross this:

4,800 MCD, 30 degree, smooth beam, 500nm Turquoise LED.

I have one and when I bought it a few months ago I could have sworn that it had an MCD rating of 10,400 or something like that. Did ARC change the LED? I was going to buy another set of all colors but I don't want one that's less bright than before. Thanks.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
it might actually be brighter, but it has a lower luminous intensity rating. the new one might have more light output, but not as bright of a hotspot, because you get a much wider beam nicer for walking around and other tasks. (I'm not sure if it is actually more light output than the previous LED, I would think so though, because why would peter change it to a less *brighter* LED? to really measure light output you need an integrating sphere or whatever that thing craig said was.)

Termac

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I had a pair of Turquoise from late '01, and I just got another pair. (They may be the EV version, but the didn't say so on the package.) The new Ts are much brighter than the older ones. They make my LE look like an Infinity. I also very much appreciate the HAIII, corrected battery compartment dimension and the perfect LED positioning/centering. The "chemcote" interior, stiffer foam retainer and the retail packaging is icing on the cake.