When will we ever stop buying Flashlights

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you ever said to yourself, this is the last flashlight
that I am ever going to buy.
Then you can't help yourself 'Gotta have this one, this one is bright, Gotta have that one, that one is perfect, have to get this one, this one has all the bells and whistles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a resolution just over four years ago when I bought a 8 led diving headlight, "this is the last one" no more for me. Three years later I found CPF, In that time Flashlights had only got better, I could no longer resist, The'Bug' had got a hold of me again. At the present moment I am in the proccess of buying a some nice custom made flashlights,
Can't wait to get them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question,
I have most of the flashlights I need right now with only a few requirements left.
At present, I am waiting for a hotlips heatsink/thermal epoxy/UCL lens to arrive to build my WX1S 5 watt, 8AA NiMH, nFlex dimmable 2D Mag. Once those parts are here and I build it, most of my requirements will be complete (The Wx1S/nFlex project is a frame mounted bike light)
There are three lights left to purchase! Peak variable output Luxeon AAA due out in Dec-Jan for my keychain, Elektrolumens XM-3 2AA LuxIII crush-proof light and a UKE 4AA Luxeon loaded with lithiums for my wife's car.
I don't think I will stop buying flashlights, just mild upgrades as technology improves for LED lights. The 8AA Mag can be upgraded with 400 lumen Luxeons when available, the 2D Mag R2H will upgrade when V binned Luxeon IIIs appear and my R2H minimags/Elektrolumens XM-3 will take a V bin also.
The main light I am looking forward to is the Peak AAA Luxeon lights, a major step forward for keychain lights can't be ignored. Hopefully, AAA technology will make 1,000mAH NiMH batteries available next year.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Can't see it happening until the box goes in the hole. (whoops, when I'm ashes, you know creamatiom).

I figured I was done due to budget. But I have an Elektrolumens XM-3 preordered, and am talking to several people about a 3W 3C M*g.

Also feel like I gotta have several other lights like an Inova XO....

It's ALWAYS something!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
PBJoeSchmoe nails it for me too. Until they send me off in a flash (cremation - cheap, and don't wanna usurp valuable space) it'll ALWAYS be something. Perfectly put "Joe"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll stop buying flashlights if manufacturers and modders will stop making new and improved flashlights.

sslavers

Newly Enlightened
i dont have a problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif i can stop at anytime!!! maybe tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif!!?? yea right!!!

SteveD

Newly Enlightened
When? Let me tell ya...

I started with an E2E, then an L1, then the A2 was coming out any day and I finally found one on Ebay. Life was good. I had all the lights I needed, and there wasn't much that was really attracting me. Sure, and M6 or M4 would be nice, but I couldn't generate the will to buy them. The C2, M2...yeah, very cool and rugged, but no more light really than I already had. A G2 would be nice for the car, but I generally have one of the others with me anyway.

I was fine - I had what I wanted.

Then those jerks over at SF had to come out with the L4...I could resist. We had some remodelling to do, and that vacuumed up the cash for a while. Resistance was easy. Then SF realized I hadn't bought an L4, and they came out with the L2... Now, in addition to a baby on the way, remodelling at home and many things at work, I have wife-persuation project #1165932 to worry about.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just before you buy the L2, the U2 will probably show up..

I know I'll buy it. The only thing that puts a brake on buying more lights is the budget and that only serves to slow me down, not stop it. In the meantime waiting for the U2 there are half a dozen others I want. There is an A2 tempting me (substitute for an E2e which I don't own), there's my C2 on the way.... *covers eyes*

As for the comments about the big wood box and the hole, I want my EDC with me when it's my time to be crated up and freighted out. I may have to stop buying but I might still want the option to carry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SteveD

Newly Enlightened
Actually, I don't find the U2 sexy. Adjusting the light level by twisting a ring just seems like too much screwing around (pun intended). I love the dual level on the L1 and A2, and two levels is enough for me.

In fact, the main reason I'm interested in the L2 is just that being LED I don't have to worry about bulbs - seems like it would be a good toolbox light. BUT, if the L2 doesn't have the throw, then I'm not sure...I use the bright lights mainly for walking, and in then I typically want a lot of throw.

I do want to pick up a yellow G2 at some point...

An M4 would give me a lot of throw, and would certainly give the racoons we see on our walks something to talk about ;-)

Awww dammit! I was fine until I started reading the posts here again...

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few people got to this before I did but, I will stop buying flashlights when I stop breathing and my heart stops beating.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a trick question? :p

I refuse to answer to this question, I am NOT a flashaholic, I am not addicted, I don't think flashlights are expensive, I just need more than 1 redundant source of light, I... when did you say the XM3 was gonna be released again? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
I will stop buyin' when the sun can be stuffed in an EDC package. While developers work on that one, lemme cross out my last purchase off my checklist...