am i the only one who uses his lights?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i always see in bst. people say light only used for 5 minutes.or on first set a batterys. hell on my vip alone i bet i have 20 hours of usage same with baby pin and my dorcy.i use my lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run some light (a Ceemore lately) about an hour on evening dog walks through the local hills. Maybe 3 times a week. Rest is just few minutes here or there.

I used to take those walks before my flashaholism, just couldn't see where I was going back then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that some CPF members possibly buy lights that they don't really need (how many of us really need every single light we've ever purchased...?). So after initial testing, the lights end up sitting on a shelf or in a drawer until a new light comes out, and said members need/want to raise funds to pay for the latest and greatest lights?

Another reason could be that the lights don't meet up to a person's expectations, and rather than return the light(s) to the seller or dealer, he/she offers them for sale to someone else.

Just my opinion...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, flashfan knows what he's talking about. There may be a little more that I can add.

We've got several SuperUsers and SuperBuilders that are our online Flashaholic buds. They really do this. The SuperUsers may only run a light for 30 or 40 seconds in some cases, or maybe just 5 or 10 minutes to evaluate them. They keep them or they sell them. I love it!

The SuperBuilders organize appropriate parts and using their large, superior brains, fashion the parts together with skilled *hands*, test them for a few seconds or minutes and then keep them or turn around and sell them. Then they go figure out what next group of exquisite parts will make a great light and begin building again. I love that too!

Now, this is where it gets a little muddy. A modder (I prefer ModMan) might be, but not necessarily be a SuperBuilder. A SuperBuilder by design, has to be a ModMan. In some cases a ModMan might be a SuperModMan.

I could give you member examples of all four categories but I really don't want to endure an autopsy while I'm still alive. May I just suffice to say, two years ago ya could hardly get anything special? Nowadays, unobtainium is frequently available.

If a SuperUser, SuperBuilder, ModMan or SuperModMan offers something, well, you may have noticed, someone always buys it…pretty quickly. That's because there is an unspoken agreement. THEY build them. WE buy them. Galactic aliens are usually pretty nice as long as we stick to the agreements.

I used to batten down the hatches and lock all the doors but found that didn't work. It's important to know that galactic aliens like sugary morsels. For example, Doug S likes morning pastries, bear claws and donuts mainly. lambda sometimes steals Doug S's pastry. That's not our problem. Dat2Zip has a tractor beam and doesn't "steal" anything. DarkZero likes cookies. The California guys? Don't worry about them unless they live near Berkley. Berkley is not a town. It is a way of thinking. Most Berkleyites like crustaceans, coffee, cigarettes and small humans. Hawaii? You've seen maps of Hawaii and the continental United States, right? You ever notice that Hawaii has its' own little square? That's because it is actually a tiny planet that hides behind Earth's moon. Hawaiians like Bar-B-Que ribs, country music and pineapple upside-down cake.

So, I always leave something nice and tasty on the deck, front porch and coffee table. About every 3 or 4 months they will leave something nice for me. Last time it was a black grippy light that was really a three pronged self-defense weapon...very nice…VERY effective.

I shouldn't tell you this but a lot of them like chicken…the bigger the better. This is what I'm concerned about, raggie33. I'm afraid they've heard about your ostriches. You don't want to disappoint galactic aliens. Learn to bake…this week. In the mean time, I suppose a pack of Marlboros, a bucket of Popeye's, a box of KrispyKreams and a bag of ChipsAhoy might keep you safe.

Above all, keep your eyes on the skies.

- Good luck, man.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
I EDCID (every day cary if dark :p) my E2e and use my magcharger/01160 (great light) for walking at night (god i can't wait for it to get dark again at 8pm).

My C3 is mainly for playing around, but it will certainly be the first choice when things go 'bump' in the night (most likely never though).

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since acknowledging and giving in to my flashaholism, I've attempted going out only at night and hiding out in the basement, with the lights off. My family is happy that I'm not around, much, to annoy them but the dog keeps finding me.

Latest posts