i dont want to be a police officer no more

raggie33

*the raggedier*
every time i watch cops. it makes me less want to be a leo.man there is some messed up people in the world tonight there was a big guy. he was not only nakid and high. but he was covered in blood.one of the leo got his blood all over her. hell id be a aweful cop i think id let the dog after him.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
Well, i don't think being a cop would mostly be a fun job.
It can be/get dangerous/nasty sometimes, but you knew that when you signed up.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It takes a dedicated & brave person to be a police officer & cope with the risks & dangers they face everyday, plus having to make the right decisions in split-second situations often...& then face the time-consuming tediousity of putting up the paperwork after....

MichiganMan

Enlightened
That and the average Joe has no idea just how many mentally ill people there are walking the streets, but the disfunction wrought by their illness makes sure they disproportionately saturate police officer and civil servants caseloads. Seeing the internal turmoil of these people's daily lives and having to balance your empathy with public safety can sometimes make you wish you took that accountng major in college instead.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one Leo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif who wouldn't want to be a real LEO. Good cops are underpaid angels to mankind. It's a risky, often thankless, job that puts you on the line every day. Police are regularly in the position of being damned if they do and damned if they don't. Bless our decent lawmen and women. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'd never make it as a Cop...

My most used phrase when watching Cops is:

"It would be a shame if I have to shoot you."

Surely the WRONG thing to say most of the time!

I believe Police are just as important and deserving of our prayers as the Military.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
hell id be a aweful cop i think id let the dog after him.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thing raggie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
It can be a depressing and demoralizing job. The paperwork a pain in the butt and the constant second guessing of people will **** you off. But the adrenaline high is powerful and every once in a while it can have wonderful rewards when good things happen.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try treating a guy covered in blood and vomit. Life is a *****.

Been drinkin' , forgive my french...

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Oh geez Double_A!!!

You have it ever so much worse than our guys do...

You do it in Kalifornicationa!!!

Do you actually get to carry a gun?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh is there a problem here?

GregR

P.S. only a cap pistol and a foam padded electric sap

JOshooter

Enlightened
That's after the editors have gotten through with the countless hours of tapes. I would like to be an "LEO" in Reno.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to me that the job would require you to regularly deal with the worst people in our society and to do so when they are at their own personal worst. Talk about depressing.

Cops have my respect and gratitude.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
California isn't that bad, it's just the politicians.

I can tell you stories that wouldn't be believable (like a lot of LEO's that work in large urban cities).

It's also amazing what other people can do to their own kind, and reaffirms in me the fact that, no matter how advanced we as people seem to be, we're still animals.

Funny, most LEO's never talk about the good stuff. WHat a macabre bunch we are!

--dan

SJACKAL

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FC. said:
Try treating a guy covered in blood and vomit. Life is a *****.

Been drinkin' , forgive my french...

[/ QUOTE ]

Try picking up human brains and handling decomposed human parts.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
It's only a problem if you actually ARE an LEO in Cali.

There are some REALLY REALLY strange people over there....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, what I did for a living about 25 yrs ago was close, but not an LEO, although i worked with them daily. I did surveillances, investigations, chased bad guys, got into the occasional fight, prepared cases for prosecution, testified in court, put guys away in jail and prison. Was bored one second and so amped up the next it would take me 20 minutes to stop the shaking from adrenaline. I had two brothers-in-law, cousin and uncle who were LEO's at the same time I was in the business I was. They didn't have the ability to pick and chose what they worked on. I've got tons of real life stories, that people find facinating, but I really don't like to talk about. Got out because to pay was too low, I was drinking too much, it killed my marrage and I was frankly tired of being scared all the time, I worked alone w/o backup.

My comments were based on my work experiences and that of close family members.

GregR