My micra gives off more light than expected.

Fat

Newly Enlightened
At first i was rather impressed with the light output of the micra which i just collected.The body gets hot after a while,its hotter than my 2 cell 1 watt nuwai in the same period so i though it must have been due to the regulating circuit.nope its not circuit its the star!,comparing side to side with my 1 watt luxeon,i find obvious differences in sizes of the yellow phosphor base of the led.Meeting up with cpfer albert, i comfirmed my suspicion after comparing output and sizes of the longbow capsule with albert's 3 watt Mc capsule micra and another 3watt kl1 mod.

Brighter and whiter than an arc4+ when compared,its probably pushing somewhere in the 700ma region cause it close to albert's kl1.Could i have accidentally received a longbow 3watt prototype? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Anyway, i find that putting a reflector just below the optics improves the light output a little further.The reflector have to be wide enough at the base so that it doesnt interfer with the optics when closed.It had also to be trimed down on the diameter to less than the optics so optics can rest flush with the bezel as usual.im using a small piece of reflector from a small brandless plastic flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's interesting. Hope your plastic reflector doesn't melt or damage the LED though.

Anyway, I wouldn't complain if it was brighter than expected but only if it was NOT an bright enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts