Eddie Bauer 'micro opto e-light'

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Eddie Bauer \'micro opto e-light\'

Anybody seen one of these bizarre flashlights?

microe1.jpg

It's thinner and smaller than a common cigerette, and uses this wierd-*** battery.

microe4.jpg

What on earth is this battery used in besides this flashlight?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Eddie Bauer \'micro opto e-light\'

You sure that's a battery. Looks like a CO2 Cartridge and there must be some converter from gas to electricity in that thing.
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dat2zip:
I dropped another LED in the carpet! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you need the Bagless Stick Shark by Euro-Pro. This is a small vaccume they advertise on late-night TV, and it won't grind everything into chopped suey as it goes up like a regular vaccume will. Dump the little tank out on some newspaper, and your LED should be good as new.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those batteries are used in fishing lures, like some i've used for squid bait. You *should* find them commonly at fishing specialty stores.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

Craig

Saw the entire line at SS2002. They are distributed by COAST cutlery here in the USA.

Somebody else asked about them beforeMicro Torch

If you need batteries, they are $1.00

Gandalf

Enlightened

They are sold under the Eddie Bauer name at Target stores in my part of the world.

Target doesn't sell batteries, though. I think thay cost $10, and are available in red LED.

I posted a question about the 'tiny lithium cylindrical battery' some months back.
confused.gif

mc

Newly Enlightened

I got one from Target, and it was nice and small, real good cool factor.

It has nice fine threads for turning on and off, a good feel to it.

Took it back, because it was so dim, maybe only good for map reading on a stakeout?

Mark C.

arab

Enlightened

Not only have I seen one, I have one!

My excuse for having one is that I didn't pay for it - the nice people at Zweibrueder gave me one as a gift - honest!

The first night I had it, I brought it with me to our company's Xmas bash. I played with it a little during the night and after what can't have been more than 1 hours use, the battery died. The pack it came in says 20 hours but I don't see how this can be with such a tiny battery. My only other comments are:
1) The beam quality is terrible - lines and spots everywhere
2) It appears to be well engineered - double "o" ring seal on the bottom section and comes with a handy keyring.
3) Gadget value 10/10
4) Usefullness factor 1/10 (if I'm generous)

In summary, don't bother (unless you get one free!)

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Let me "chime" in with a different perspective. I own one of these and I purchased it because the ARC AAA HA LE was too bright. Yes, Peter Gransee, the ARC AAA was too bright for a specific application I used it on.
wink.gif

Picture this: Looooong flight. It was such a hectic two days that I did not have time to change the CR123s in my Triad that were, in fact, "dying." Mere moments after the cabin lights were turned off, I activated the ARC AAA and instantly received complaints that it was bothering the children sitting next to me. I really needed the Triad as soon I exited the aircraft. I quickly turned off the ARC and patiently waited until the seat belt light went off, too. I left my seat and went to the front of the aircraft in the crew compartment where I changed the batteries. By that time the crew was also 'settling in' and I managed to disturb them as well with the ARC. One would be surprised just how much light this gem provides. (Nice product, Peter!)
icon14.gif

Later in the week, I looked for something more modest regarding light output. I found this at Target. It is now attached to my stainless steel 2-CR123 spare battery carrier for those moments when 1/20 candela is just what is needed.

arab

Enlightened

Mind you Kogatana, I'd say the proper solution is a variable output ARC AAA.

Peter has hinted that he is working on one. Current guesstimates indicate an AA, multi LED, variable output light.

On another note, are you sure the people were complaining about the AAA's light output? If I had somebody sitting alongside me in a plane who looked like they just had a "hectic two days" who started to disassemble metal tubes and put "things" into them, I think I might object too ...

Robl

Newly Enlightened

I have seen these batteries used for years in lighted bobbers that can be purchased at many stores in my area like Fleet Farm, Shopko, Kmart, etc.

The batteries that I have seen come in a two-pack for around $3. They are lithium 3V and I have only seen them used with red and yellow LED's.

These flashlights are also for sale at our local Target store. They have a whole line of Eddie Bauer LED lights including one that runs on AAAA batteries.

Rob

earl

Newly Enlightened

I have seen those batteries on several things. They are Lithium, and they don't put out much, but they ARE small. I saw a set of darts (like for playing darts in the pub)that had LED's in them. They were powered by those cells. Looked pretty neat.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"...variable output ARC AAA."
arab<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll pass on that one. The current ARC AAA is just fine for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"...are you sure the people were complaining about the AAA's light output? If I had somebody sitting alongside me in a plane who looked like they just had a "hectic two days" who started to disassemble metal tubes and put 'things' into them, I think I might object too ..." arab<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The passengers, particularly the child, were indeed disturbed; awakened by the ARC's very modest output that, in the very dark cabin, seemed to output a much greater amount of light. The child's complaint echoed in the form of a cry and, although the beam was not pointed at he, an abrupt turn away from it. Apparently I was not the only passenger who had a rough prior few days. I turned off the ARC immediately upon seeing the discomfort I had caused the child; understanding the rigors of rearing young children being a parent myself. They never saw those "metal tubes."

The pilot, crew, and myself were all on a first name basis. That didn't seem to excuse my disruption of their rest period, however they understood my need to conduct that task.

Most here are unlikely to find themselves in the comfort of familiar fellow travelers flying in private aircraft very frequently. I suspect that most use commercial means. Nonetheless, I hope you all would do more than just "object" if you see something you consider suspicious while flying on aircraft, whether private or commercial. Be safe.

Saaby

Flashaholic

Ya know what? I have had pneumonia several times in my life and have one of those inhaler thingies kicking around my house as I usually have to use it about once a year, and that battery looks like the little cartridge out of those, more so I would say than a CO2 cartridge. Smaller yes but still...

arab

Enlightened

< Why was I not allowed to delete my own post ??? >

Mod edit: Nobody can delete posts anymore. Makes certain maintenance tasks far more difficult when any post is deleted. Just edit all the guts out, and leave it hangin'. Sorry 'bout that.

arab

Enlightened

Originally posted by PocketLights.com:
PocketLights.com carries the Micro Opto E-Light also known as the Micro-Lenser LED Light. It is a really neat light and is the slimmest LED light that we carry.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Resurrecting an old thread to get in a cheap ad is a bit much
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

If you want a free ad, why not post in the dealers section? If all dealers in this Forum start resurrecting old threads to get a cheap ad in, then I think the CPF would close down with the sheer volume of posts. I sure there are rules governing this, perhaps a moderator would care to comment?

And the laugh is, this light you are advertising is really not very good (BTW, I own one). If you want feeble light in a small package, I'd recommend you buy a match instead!

arab

Enlightened

Originally posted by arab:
I sure there are rules governing this, perhaps a moderator would care to comment?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Anyone else have a view on this?