New lights from China

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some pictures that were just emailed to me from Hong Kong. They are from a company called Powerline Industrial Ltd. They make LED lights and the company just sent me a preview of what they will be making in the future.

This is what the company email me:

Powerline Industrial Ltd designs and makes products for application. Our products are mainly distributed in Europe. For more information, please visit our web site: http://www.powerline-hk.com

Also, we would like to invite you to visit our booth at the following fairs, we will show you our latest products and discuss in details:

Hong Kong Electronics Fair 2004 (Autumn Edition)

Date: 13-16 October 2004

Booth No. 3N16

Hong Kong International Lighting Fair

Date: 27-30 October 2004

Booth No. 1D27

We look forward to see you in the Show.

Thanks and best Regards,

Marketing Executive

Powerline Industrial Ltd
Rm 1403, Bank of East Asia Harbour View Centre,
51-57 Gloucester Road, Wanchai,

Hong Kong

Tel: (852) 2369 4734
Fax: (852) 2721 8660
Web site: www.powerline-hk.com

Now...the pictures. Hong Kong has discoved the Luxeon LED and is starting to manufacture them into their lights. I think this is the tip of the iceberg and we will be seeing a lot more coming from China. Probably cheaper too. These companies could become the dominant lights companies of the future.

Crafttools1.jpg

Challenger2.jpg

Commando3.jpg

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Billy,
I'm telling you, these cheap flashlights that I've received from you and waion are simply amazing! Of course the build quality dosen't equal SF and others, (IMHO though, they're fine), but for the money and what you get, they are the undisputed bargain champs anywhere! I'm sure super bright and super throwing cheap, small Chinese lights are right around the corner and I for one, can't wait!

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course we all want the Commando line of lights. Brighter. I did get one Nuwai light but it was just pea (pee?) green. I do hope the overseas manufacturers do good QC and get decent white lights.

We'll all have to keep an eye out for these lights. I'll have to find out if my China Connection can find and buy from the manufacturer of these lights. But I don't have a direct connection to the company. The company just sent me an email and an invite to their showings.

I wonder if I could send them recommendations on what type of lights people here in the US would like? Any suggestions? They might get ideas on what to build and they might get the idea that they should have a distributor in the US.

Like Gene said. These lights from China are not the best quality in the world but they are workhorse lights. Some of them are very good. Some...well...are not so good. Those are the ones I never show you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I give those away to potential flashaholics.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
That light threw me too. My best guess is the emitter is...a Nichia LED. An overdriven Nichia LED?

I think an Xnova light would be brighter than that.

Would anyone really want one of those 1/4-watt lights?

I should email the company and ask what that means. I do not have high hopes that a CSR will have the answer.