Tokens of appreciation for Sasha

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just made a reply to the status of CPF thread, and it got me to thinking. I know we cannot afford Sasha's services on a monetary basis, but maybe we can show our appreciation in trade.

We have members from all over the US and all over the world. There are many speicialty items which are, locally, not that expensive, but just not readily available in other parts of the world. Maybe, in addition to the occasional pair of shoes, glasses, etc., we could show our appreciation in goods.

What do you think. Does anyone know how this would work, or where goods would be sent. If people think this is a crazy idea, I won't be offended - just say so. It's just that I think that the work that Sasha does is way underated.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
I think this is a great idea only maybe Sasha doesn't want to get things in the mail.(Especially now days)Maybe a better idea would be to set up something where she could look up someone who had what she needed.Say you had people pm her OFFERING their services.Then if she needed item "x" she would be able to look on the list and see if anyone offers it.Just and idea.I jusy know I wouldn't want "unexpected" gifts in the mail.You know what they say,"One man's junk is anotherman's treasure".She might not want our treasures."aka-JUNK!"

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coach, you make a good point. I just feel that there must be some way for us to reward someone who provides us with such a valuable service.

Anybody got any better ideas, feel free to jump in - at this point we're just brainstorming here.

cy

Flashaholic
I vote we create a Sasha slush fund PP acount.

When we send in funds to Cpf, we send to a PP account that is specifically targeted for cpf operations.

To send to Sasha's slush fund, we simply send to that PP account.

who ever wants to make a contributions can do so without fanfare.

This fund would have no strings attached. We don't want to know what Sasha is doing with the funds from this account, nor do we care /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark2

Enlightened
Very good idea, cy, and extremely simple to realize!

Putting up a postal address for everyone to send whatever stuff to might not be a good idea, given the number of visitors/members CPF has. I'd send some Swiss chocolate without hesitation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif but it's strictly forbidden to send food to the USA, don't know why that is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mark2 said:
Very good idea, cy, and extremely simple to realize!

Putting up a postal address for everyone to send whatever stuff to might not be a good idea, given the number of visitors/members CPF has. I'd send some Swiss chocolate without hesitation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif but it's strictly forbidden to send food to the USA, don't know why that is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I know that one of the biggest concerns is meat products, because of the possibility of transmission of diseases that might be rather benign in the country of origin but are disastrous to the receiving country. And that was LONG before BSE was widely known. I am an ex-officio customs officer, but I am not really that knowlegeable about food shipment regulations.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
PeteBroccolo said:
I know that one of the biggest concerns is meat products, because of the possibility of transmission of diseases that might be rather benign in the country of origin but are disastrous to the receiving country. And that was LONG before BSE was widely known.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I'm aware, fruit and vegetable products are of concern too. Insect larvae might be in fruits, and larvae and adults might be found in leafy vegetables like spinach or lettuce; and some of those insects are undesirable in the US.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I once sent a huge package of chocolate to a member without any problems.

Good ideas in this thread!

bernhard

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PeteBroccolo said:
As far as my deal with Sasha, I had PM'd her about my offer and got her approval first. No dry ice, animal by-product quarantine period or other haz-mat concerns will be involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess would be one of these or one of these .

Greta

Flashaholic
Um... guys... PLEASE... no chocolate!!
hellno3d.gif
... I'll admit that I am weak... and I have never met a chocolate yet that I can pass up... and that is Weight Watcher friendly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

This thread is very sweet, you guys... and I thank you very much for your kind words... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Please don't worry about setting up any kind of fund or making sure that I get some kind of payment for what I do here. Working for CPF has turned out to be the ultimate "dream job" for me in that I get to indulge in many of my favorite things all at once when I am here... and you guys have always made me feel welcome and appreciated. It's a unique situation, to say the least, to have a female as the webmaster of such a large site that is predominately male. I am not so naive as to think that is unanimously "ok"... but nonetheless, you all have indulged me and accepted me. I couldn't ask for more than that... truly... thanks guys... for everything... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif