turn my mini mag and mag lite into a weapon

buddah

Newly Enlightened
turn my mini mag and mag lite into a weapon

I am a LEO and want to know if anyone can help me. I am looking into turning my mini and full size mag lite into a mean SOB impact weapon.Many years ago a company made a device which replaced the endcaps on the mag lites. The device was made of either brass or a heavy polymer. When the device was added, it turned your mag-lite into a very damaging impact weapon because of the added weight and striking surface. Looking to buy and add to my mag lites for duty use.Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: turn my mini mag and mag lite into a weapon

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr Bulk's Assault and Batteries

Made by CPF'er Mr Bulk

Im not aware of anything for the Minimag, but if you're feeling flush, you could splash out on a Surefire E2D Defender . Designed specifically for the task you want, and a superior alternative to a Minimag in every respect except for price and running costs.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Turning a MiniMag into a weapon? Just throw it at the crook, the bulb's gonna blow anyway no matter what, so might as well... :p

Roth has a nice mod which he added some 'spikes' to his bigger Mags (not MiniMag), not sure if that'll be legal though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened

What you are thinking of used to be sold by Brigade Quartermasters. Basically an end cap that looked almost like an extender except it was constructed either of sold brass or steel. Added several ounces and about another "AA" in length.

Problems with them are that the threading section on the Minimag won't hold up to a heavy shear load impact. Hit on the end and it will still be okay, hit sideways and the steel section would buckle the threading area and start to tear away.

Secondly, do you really want to carry an improvised strike weapon? Legally it puts you into a very poor position. I'd really think about a ASP with Taclite endcap instead.

Wave

Newly Enlightened

Which Dept. do you work for? Is your Dept. going to indemnify you if you your light as an impact weapon? I say stick to using a PR-24, straight baton, or ASP for "perp baseball". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic

I'd feel better using an extendible baton. That, and/or a SF E2D Defender.

JOshooter

Enlightened

Someone has a prototype weapon that may suit your needs, it has six? spikes around the head. That's one nasty torch!

M

MeridianTactical

Some where someone makes a .22 Cal Mini Maglight... And I think there is a .380Cal Regular maglight...

But get an E2D, better then a mini mag, and no mod needed...

E2D

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

The minimag impact weapon I saw had about an 8 inch spike on the end of a minimag tailcap. The tip was rounded.

Do they make an extendable baton with a flashlight in the handle? That could be quite cool.

Daniel

M

MeridianTactical

ASP has a light that mounts to a ASP Baton. Ram Makes a LED Light that attaches to ASP Batons as well.