Tightest beam: L5, L6, or L7 Lumamax??

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know I saw a post somewhere about this, but which one has the tightest beam (longest throw): the Surefire L5, L6 or L7??

Many thanks.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Well, should be the L6, but if it is throw that you're after you might want to buy something else. The SF 5-watters are not throw monsters.
bernhard

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I remember reading somewhere that the L7 has the same head as the L5, and the only difference between the two is that the L7 is rechargable.

Read a review of the L5 here, with beamshot comparisons between the L4, L5 and L6..

Mark2

Enlightened
L6, but as Kiessling said, even the L6 is not really a thrower. There are some Nuwai 5Watters with pretty good throw, but due to the smooth reflectors they use, the beams are not free of artifacts. They are pretty good, though.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
or wait for Don's 38mm Aleph3 head and stick a 5W in there as I will do ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rumage thru my pages / reviews below on left down at bottom sign line. L6 appears just a bit better than Nuwai 5 watt. Nuwai is a lot cheaper below $100 but L6 (more than $250) Better pattern.

What is it worth? you decide! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif