PT Attitude Burntime?

Spectrum

Newly Enlightened
I have not done a test, but I am also curious. I replaced the first set of batteries in my Attitude after a month and a half of intermittent use to see if it's output had gotten dimmer without me noticing. It had not.

One of the professional guys on the forum should do a real Attitude battery test to see what really happens after 150 hours (or maybe after 20 or 30 hours).

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've started reading the Bible at night, trying to make it a habit. I would use my PT Attitude to read at night before i went to sleep. I once left it on on accident one night, and then again on another night. THe second time i left it on, the light output the following night was less than desireable for reading with unadapted eyes. I've used the battery for MAYBE a total of 30-40 hours before i had to change it. So your observations are right...but i don't think i'd call it DEAD after 40 hours...just not useable. Keep in mind that i used this for reading and not finding my way around the house. THe light output at that point is no good for anything...not even finding your way through a bedroom.

I'd say you'd get high output for the first 5-10 hours, useable/readable light for 20 hours after that, and wasted light not useable for anything after 35-40 hours. Still pretty good for a light like this. I'll see if i can do some kind of test but if i did it would be purely objective, and not scientific. Maybe Craig would be better at doing this type of experiment.

P.S. Most LED lights out there are great, especially ones like the Inova X5, Eternalight, and the Princeton Tec Attitude. But the big problem i have with these lights...like all other lights, is the way they get weaker and weaker as battery drains. Of course there is no way of getting around this, but you CAN prolong it's brightness to some extent with regulation - like the line of ARC lights. I'm seriously considering the ARC AAA but am waiting for the LS to come out or the LE to be readily available again.

Spork

Enlightened
the LE is up on the tts page again. but if you get a standard 3.0 arc there is little difference.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
Well I got 8 AAA batteries might as well let it run and see how long useable light lasts. I just picked up some rayovac 700mah nimhs and a cheapo charger from radio shack so i'll try them after the everyreadys die.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Well goin on 17 hours with the Evereadys, dimmer then fresh bats but still quite useful.

About 20.5 hours now. Gettin dimmer but still makes ya see spots if ya stare into the leds.
shocked.gif
(The Incredibly Scientific See Spots method)

Just over 27 hours, still bright enough to find your way through a dark house.

Close to 43 hours now and it's still puttin out useable light. It's much dimmer then fresh batteries but still adequate for walkin around or readin in dark environment.

45 hours and still truckin.
smile.gif

Damn Evereadys won't die.
frown.gif
66 hours and the lil bugger is still chuggin along, albeit quite dim. But it hasn't hit the "leds glow but don't light up anything else" wall yet.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheFlashlight:
Well I got 8 AAA batteries might as well let it run and see how long useable light lasts. I just picked up some rayovac 700mah nimhs and a cheapo charger from radio shack so i'll try them after the everyreadys die.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOOH! Thank you! I was wondering how the princeton tec would do on a set of NiMHs. I wonder if they will be the same brightness on a full charge. I doubt it...but since you have em...try it out!
grin.gif

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
Has anyone done any battery tests with the Attitude?
confused.gif

I got an Attitude a few weeks ago and the batteries seem to have died somewhere between 25-35 hours or so. I assumed the 150+ hours listed on the package was a bit exaggerated but I figured on gettin more then 25 hours of light.
blush.gif

Any respones are appreciated by the Newbie
smile.gif

Just one more Smiley..
grin.gif

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
Looks like the Attitude is gonna hit the 90 hour mark and it's still spittin out a bit of light. Only useful in pitch black, but you could read a map or walk down a dark stairwell with it. I'm just wondering why my Duracells crapped out around 30 hours while the Evereadys keep on goin. Oh well time to top off the rechargeables and give them a try. I haven't got the patience to wait for the Evereadys to completly die.
frown.gif