Surefire lanyard discoveries..

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was fortunate enough to receive an SC1 with the new SF lanyard, which includes a very nice clip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
c2-2.jpg

It enables you to release the light very quickly as compared to the old clip (the black one, as part of the Z33 system). Goes without saying, I really like this clip, but there are only so many SC1s I can buy, I feel bad about robbing them of their lanyards and I hear not all come with the new clip. SF's site shows the old clip. It fits all of my other lights - for those with belt clips (C2, E1e) I just need to put a split ring on the ring at the end of the light's clip, and I can use this lanyard. For those which don't have clips (6P) I use the Z12 ring instead.

C2 wearing new lanyard:
c2-5.jpg

Until I found the Z60 system. While the Z60 is only 'officially' supported on the L1/L2/A2, it has the same lanyard with the clip and thus fits anything you can put a Z12 or split ring on.. and probably not limited to SF lights either. I know what I'll be ordering from now on, even though I don't own any of the lights which it is supposed to go with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hotpockets

Newly Enlightened
It's good to see that the new clips are starting to make it into the pipeline.I haven't seen one in person yet but they look like a big improvement. I hope one comes with my next SC1.

pyro

Enlightened
yes, these are a big improvement, i failed in opening one
from the old style in darknes.
They are easy to opennow and don´t llok that cheap any more.