New LED light from Garrity and Coleman

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at a walmart in Apena, Michigan, and found a new LED light.

i did not get the name, but it was an aluminum LED light powered by 3-aaa. it was green, and about the same size as a 2-123 light.
the optic looked like a fraen...could it have been a luxeon behind it? i could see yellow phosphor reflected in the optic.
the packaging did not state what kind of LED it used.

looked like it had a tail clicky...and the price?

$12.77. shoulda bought the darn thing.

IF it is a luxeon...hoo-boy.

another light i saw was a coleman in the camping section. it was 2-aa plastic, with a PR incan head. on the side were a row of 4 LED's. there were 2 switches, which allowed you to choose the incan, a night light (yellow, i think) or a "light show" of multi-colored flashing LED's that can be projected onto the tent wall. it was pretty cool. price was about $10.50.

here is the coleman:
http://www.thesportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1256536

shoulda bought that one, too!

Bob

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, I just found out the Colemman was "delivered" on 09-04-04, so apparently the mail carrier left it outside my door without knocking, and it was subsequently stolen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

(Edit, a little while later)
I contacted the customer service representative via the contact form on the website, and politely asked them to send me another and file a claim with the post office if necessary, so we'll see what happens.

B@rt

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif