Can anyone help with eTrust EZ Antivirus?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run a scan and it shows I have 19 infected files but I can't figure out how to delete them. Under clean I have it selected to clean them or delete if it can not clean but then I run another check and there is still 19 infected files?

Help please!

Thanks
JT

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I run eTrust EZ and haven't had this problem (knock on wood, eh?!). Are they in your backup (restore) folder? I did have that happen to me. Turned off the restore feature - deleted those old restore files - then turned it back on. Took em' off my system.

Are the suspect files "locked"?

Brainstorming in progress...(scary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the long post but this is what is says.

eTrust EZ Antivirus Version 6.2.0.28
Started scanning: 11:24:58 PM, 8/17/2004
Dat file v8525

Scanning boot sectors...
C:\ Master Boot Record matches template, is OK: standard Win2000 (1).
C:\ Partition Boot Record matches template, is OK: standard Win2000 (2).

Scanning file(s)...

Scan aborted by user: 11:25:03 PM, 8/17/2004
Number of files scanned: 208.
No file viruses detected.

eTrust EZ Antivirus Version 6.2.0.28
Started scanning: 6:57:48 PM, 8/18/2004
Dat file v8525

Scanning boot sectors...
C:\ Master Boot Record matches template, is OK: standard Win2000 (1).
C:\ Partition Boot Record matches template, is OK: standard Win2000 (2).

Negeltu

Enlightened
Clearing your java cache will get rid of most of those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif They are mostly for advertising or taking advantage of security holes in microsofts vm for java. Suns vm doesn't have those issues.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same thing going on a while back. I was able to remove them by turning off Java cacheing in the Sun Java console and deleting the cache. Open the Windows control panel and click on the Java module. That should open the Java plug-in control panel. Click the Cache tab and deselect the "enable cacheing" radio button. Then click the "clear" button. Rescan just the folder that the trojans were in to save time and see if that cleared them out.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, I use the Sun Java plug-in and had it happen, so it's not just the MS version.

Negeltu

Enlightened
Actually fitz... if you use suns java plugin.. the trojans cannot function. If you are using ms vm then they will do what they were intended to do... Using suns vm you WILL get them on your pc... but they won't do anything.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok next dumb ? how do I do I clear my Java cache? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Negeltu

Enlightened
you can clear the java cache from the control panel. There should be a java plugin... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it's on the cache tab. If you can't find it..then just del the files manually from that folder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif it is just a cache folder and won't hurt anything.

Latest posts